OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

It's wild that with all the money NYC charges for stuff that they're depleted financially.
Its all them 40 year tax abatements they gave Donald Trump. I was reading his book "Art Of The Deal", he was bragging about back in the early 80s he finessed them into letting him buy land and develop it without having to pay taxes until decades later

Its all them 40 year tax abatements they gave Donald Trump. I was reading his book "Art Of The Deal", he was bragging about back in the early 80s he finessed them into letting him buy land and develop it without having to pay taxes until decades later
Kinda feels like San Francisco with all of these tech companies.

This may be for the tax thread. Are they still set to be due 4/15, or will we see an extension?

Lots of folks made more than their regular job. They may be in for a surprise with less credits/deductions available. We may need another stimulus to be applied as tax credit.

Huh?
They won’t mail a check?
Isn’t that what they did on the first stimmy?
If you got your check mailed to you the first time you'll get it mailed to you now.

Your bank is irrelevant. You don't even need a bank account. Its just the gov. sending you mail.

What about the people that changed banks since the 1st stimmy?
Y’all think we get them checks Monday?
Keep hope man. I changed my bank account info late Nov and got my stim money yesterday in my new account. Either they ****ed up or somehow the bank kept record of my closed account and linked future deposits to my new one.

If you got your check mailed to you the first time you'll get it mailed to you now.

Your bank is irrelevant. You don't even need a bank account. Its just the gov. sending you mail.
You’re misunderstanding
I got my stim deposited 1st Time since then I have changed banks, so they don’t have my current bank on file.

Keep hope man. I changed my bank account info late Nov and got my stim money yesterday in my new account. Either they ****ed up or somehow the bank kept record of my closed account and linked future deposits to my new one.
You stayed with the same bank tho right?

You’re misunderstanding
I got my stim deposited 1st Time since then I have changed banks, so they don’t have my current bank on file.
Oh well since you haven't updated your bank information you might get a check after a while. If not might nit get anything until you update information.

But I'm pretty sure once you're eligible for the check and they don't have current bank information they automatically send you a check.

That's how it is for me since I didn't give the gov. any bank info.

You stayed with the same bank tho right?
Yeah changing accounts aint the same as changing banks.

I closed one account and opened a new one with the same bank and the refund I got went to the new one.

I think many will need to wait for the IRS website to go online and you can update your info there. Unless fees are crazy or you're skirting the law, why are so many closing bank accounts? Just hope your old account is truly closed. The amounts may be pending and then declined and stuck in limbo.

One could technically file your taxes early and the IRS would have your current info then and there. So that's where id start if the IRS website never opens.

My parents and my sister already got their sixhunnid, but i aint got nothing yet

Back
Top Bottom