OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

This is an interesting point. The folks I know essentially got 150-200% of their pay to be laid off for a while and the people who worked through it all got 100%. There probably won't ever be any compensation for the essential people.

stuff like this is a reminder that minimum wage means "if we could legally pay you even less to protect our profitz we absolutely would."

ps- does it hit anyone else in the chest that they lowered the income threshold to 80k max and the vast majority of people are still eligible?

Americans are broke af...by design.

Last edited:
House approved a version

Senate approved a different version.

House needs to approve the Senate version. Vote tomorrow I believe.

If house approves, then it goes to Biden.

It'll be interesting to see how the House responds to the hard cap on the stimmy considering Joe said he supports it.

I also still do not have mine, 2/13 Filer. From what I read, mine is taking a bit longer because I had a son this year, added him to my tax return to get the extra money I missed out on for him.

I need it ALLLLLLLLLlll
You called?

I thought I read somewhere as long as it wasnt anything more than $20k in sales you wont have to pax taxes? Also read from somewhere that one should atleast put aside 10-15% from each sneaker resale sale for taxes. Im really uneducated regarding this. Can anyone chime in?

I think technically anyone that sells any goods for a profit you are suppose to report it on your tax return
But since you don’t get issued a 1099 for those sales no one is gonna report it because why would they wanna pay tax on it
You don’t get issued a 1099 unless you go over 200 transactions and over $20k
Because when you do the IRS treats you as a business
But now some states are lowering the threshold to $600-$1000
I haven’t filed my taxes this year so i don’t know what the tax rate is gonna be
But you should only be taxed on the profit not the gross sales

stuff like this is a reminder that minimum wage means "if we could legally pay you even less to protect our profitz we absolutely would."

ps- does it hit anyone else in the chest that they lowered the income threshold to 80k max and the vast majority of people are still eligible?

Americans are broke af...by design.

i mean 80k+ is a lot of money
Some of the smartest get money dudes I know barely crack 80k. I’m talking engineers people in the medical field etc..

i mean 80k+ is a lot of money
Some of the smartest get money dudes I know barely crack 80k. I’m talking engineers people in the medical field etc..

your second and third sentences can be true while your first isn't...80k after taxes is something like 6k a month, living in a big city with any kind of lifestyle can eat that up fast.

...which is why folks are dickhole-deep in debt.

the American worker is generally underpaid.

You moved the goal posts to 20s.
I guess in your 20's was added as in your 20's you typically have less responsibility. To which I would say duh.

Once you add in responsibilities, regardless of age, 80K a year as the sole source of income can be just enough to get by, depending on location. I live in an area that isnt as expensive as So Cal or NYC, but definitely fairly expensive in comparison to the south. 80k's enough to get by. Get out from under debt, and you might actually save a dollar or 2. Hope to save enough before you need to take on more debt in order to survive and maybe you'll break the cycle. Good luck.

even in the south 80k isn’t end all be all.

it’s not 1999 the south isn’t cheap like that and if we’re talking cheap south like Mississippi or something good luck finding 80k...

Like you said 80k isn’t poor but in 2021 it isn’t flourishing either.

I have dual income so that helps but I I was making 80k solo with my kid I’d have to cut back a lot.

80k ain’t nothing anymore

hell, people ain’t even impressed with 120k. It’s something but if you’re single, and wanna live decent it ain’t much

it’s wild these days

Back
Top Bottom