OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

Yea I’m actually pretty sure it’s the same here now that you say it. I’ve been working there forever so I’m sure we could work something out and I’d go back to work when this all blows over. I wanna look into it but idk if I should

Now I’m realizing I did my 2018 taxes by mail and 2019 by direct deposit. I wonder what’s gonna happen
If u did 2019
They gonna go by ur 2019

So when I filed my taxes mom dukes paid it from her bank account and I gave her the cash, will the $1200 check go to her bank account or get mailed to me?

For 2019 federal and state income tax filings, is the deadline delayed for only “affected” people? I’ve been trying to figure out what “affected” means because I aint filed mine yet as I am a procrastinator. :lol: I just don’t feel like doing it in the next few days to make the usual deadline dates.

did you get a check in the mail? Or was it deposited to your account or your moms?
That’s what I’m asking lol. Didn’t get anything. No way it would go to my bank account cuz my mom paid through her bank account, so I’m figuring either it will come through the mail or go to her account

That’s what I’m asking lol. Didn’t get anything. No way it would go to my bank account cuz my mom paid through her bank account, so I’m figuring either it will come through the mail or go to her account

Ooh okay, you owed lol.

more than likely you’ll get a check if you qualified

Oh ok copy thanks. Would be easier if it gets deposited in her bank account but **** it I’ll take $1200 any way it comes lol.
Well most likely everonewill get their deposits this week. If nothing comes up, I suggest registering for the DD when the irs has the site up

Last edited:
Well most will get their deposits this week. If nothing comes up, I suggest registering for the DD when the irs has the site up
Copy thanks, very slow no money for me this past month considering I made everything I did via reselling. Can’t collect unemployment or anything else at the moment

Doesn't matter which acct paid for your taxes it goes by the account and routing number you entered for your refund to be deposited into.

Doesn't matter which acct paid for your taxes it goes by the account and routing number you entered for your refund to be deposited into.
I never entered my info, I had a guy file my taxes for me, gave him some numbers and he filled the rest. I don’t get a refund so not sure what info is or would be placed there

is the check tax free or nah?

check is tax free.

But can anyone confirm the extra 600 a week is free as well or would it count towards your income for 2020.

if it counts toward your income, peope are going to be in for a surprise next year. Especially if you are not withholding taxes on the unemployment money.

I never entered my info, I had a guy file my taxes for me, gave him some numbers and he filled the rest. I don’t get a refund so not sure what info is or would be placed there
Then keep an eye out for the portal to add your bank info or paper check it will be.

Doubt we qualify, we filed 2019 before this whole mess and actually owe 22k the wife and i filed joint, and we clocked in about 165k of by any chance we do get something, in past years when we’ve actually gotten a little cash in return, we’ve always done DD but this year we actually owe, does the IRS already have my DD info from previous years or do I have to resubmit that?
Wow. I think you and your wife should complete the new 2020 w4s ( if that applies to your employment situations) so that the right amount of taxes are taken out each check. So if done accurately, you file and owe nothing ( or very little, or get a little return). If you have other income and assets, I'd talk to a CPA. 22k is od ( unless that is your goal).

Oh, and IRS should have your DD info on file from 2018 for your stimulus check.

I filed timely in 2018 & already filed this year for 2019. I received a promotion/raise July of 2019. Wonder $ amount & when I'd receive a DD check..

check is tax free.

But can anyone confirm the extra 600 a week is free as well or would it count towards your income for 2020.

if it counts toward your income, peope are going to be in for a surprise next year. Especially if you are not withholding taxes on the unemployment money.
It’s unemployment, so they take taxes out of it

got my $600 and it was taxed

youget some form and claim unemployment on your taxes but idk too much about it considering never had to do it til now but I know you get some form come next year

my 600 wasn’t taxed, but I have them take taxes out of my regular unemployment.

and yeah you get a form Just like any job so remember to get it for your taxes next year.

I guess if it’s taxed it will just get taxed when I do my taxes next year.

Back
Top Bottom