OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

^ whichever method she is getting the refund is how the check will be delivered i believe

If shes getting a physical check thru the mail of her return then the check will come the same way

vice versa with direct deposit

Doubt we qualify, we filed 2019 before this whole mess and actually owe 22k the wife and i filed joint, and we clocked in about 165k of by any chance we do get something, in past years when we’ve actually gotten a little cash in return, we’ve always done DD but this year we actually owe, does the IRS already have my DD info from previous years or do I have to resubmit that?

Fam, how do you owe 22k in taxes? even if its $11k a piece thats WAY too much unless you have like 99 dependents on you W4 or W2 or whatever and you weren't letting them tax you guys during the year. I hope this was a typo or something. Yall need to get a CPA on that or something cuz something aint right.

When I owe I even cringe at them making me owe $500+. Let alone $22k :lol:. I remember my coworker coming in and damn near crying when he found out he owed $10k but thats cuz he wasnt letting em tax him during the year.

so people on unemployment making 600$ + a week? Dam making more than me and I’m still working close to full time with this slow down at work

Bruh, you need to quit. You can make more money reselling items on ebay/amazon as a full time job. I got one of my cousin on and he is loving the new life style. DM if you want more info.

Has anyone taken money out of their retirement account yet with the new law that lets you repay it back in 3 years penalty free?
Wondering if anyone can do it or you have to show proof of financial difficulties from the pandemic like tested positive or have been laid off

The only people I know who owe over 20k in taxes have multi million dollar houses, companies, and no dependents. You gotta get a CPA, something is off there.

that’s what I’m saying. Unless he’s getting paid $168k/year in NYC and single and didn’t pay taxes for the year it could make sense but he said married and income both make $168k.

Please get a CPA ksteezy ksteezy before the IRS finesses you for a mistake they made.

my 600 wasn’t taxed, but I have them take taxes out of my regular unemployment.

and yeah you get a form Just like any job so remember to get it for your taxes next year.

I guess if it’s taxed it will just get taxed when I do my taxes next year.

really? In Michigan for me they took it out, which I’m fine with I’m not tryna file taxes next year and find out I owe a ton of money

Nothing is necessarily off. All depends on how much they paid throughout the year.

Has anyone taken money out of their retirement account yet with the new law that lets you repay it back in 3 years penalty free?
Wondering if anyone can do it or you have to show proof of financial difficulties from the pandemic like tested positive or have been laid off
I’m about to do this soon, monitoring my Retirement funds daily, I have a set number I want it to go back up to then I’m pulling it out. I own a CPA firm so I will use my profits to pay it back! This is huge for business owners or other people who want to take their funds and invest it in something such as real estate as I plan to

really? In Michigan for me they took it out, which I’m fine with I’m not tryna file taxes next year and find out I owe a ton of money

yeah, they only take it out of my normal check.

It will be fine regardless since I have max taxes taken out to cover for any unemployment mess ups.

that’s what I’m saying. Unless he’s getting paid $168k/year in NYC and single and didn’t pay taxes for the year it could make sense but he said married and income both make $168k.

Please get a CPA ksteezy ksteezy before the IRS finesses you for a mistake they made.
People put dependents that they don't have on their W4s all the time. Unless you have your own business or came into some money, this ain't adding up.

Fam, how do you owe 22k in taxes? even if its $11k a piece thats WAY too much unless you have like 99 dependents on you W4 or W2 or whatever and you weren't letting them tax you guys during the year. I hope this was a typo or something. Yall need to get a CPA on that or something cuz something aint right.

When I owe I even cringe at them making me owe $500+. Let alone $22k :lol:. I remember my coworker coming in and damn near crying when he found out he owed $10k but thats cuz he wasnt letting em tax him during the year.

Self-employed, 1099 workers. My wife and I are RE agents and we have to tax ourselves, we pay this in taxes yearly because nobody is taking it out (employers) for us.

Self-employed, 1099 workers. My wife and I are RE agents and we have to tax ourselves, we pay this in taxes yearly because nobody is taking it out (employers) for us.

ah makes sense. That’s probably what happened. Props to you for being self employed btw :pimp:.

You need to form an S corporation (unless your state doesn’t allow RE agents to (NJ I heard is one such state). This would save you thousands in taxes. I help tons of RE agents and brokers with their taxes PM me if you have questions.

IRS will be knocking in about two years. Don't spend that refund.
Not always true you can over withhold, I did somebody’s taxes this year who withheld single 0 the whole year and has two kids under 17 and filed head of household. She got back $10k and I told her to drop her withholding because she should have that money throughout the year. RN that made $105k

IRS will be knocking in about two years. Don't spend that refund.
She got 1k back if that :lol:

she don’t mess with her taxes like some people. Just saying dudes 168k combined and owning so much

but not everyone situation the same ? Idk much about taxes tbh so disregard whatever I’m saying lol

I feel many lie about their tax situations. There’s nothing inherently fishy about someone making $130k and getting a refund. That’s what extra withholding are for. I bet chick is withholding an extra $300/week on top of claiming zero.

And a person earning $120k will have a federal tax liability of $20,047. So one just needs to backtrack from that point and withould the appropriate amount. Those who get a refund, withheld too much of their own money. Those that owe didn’t have enough withheld. By early December, most should have an idea if they will owe or get a refund, so change up that w4 as soon as you can.

A lot of people make it out to be harder than it is.
Add in two kids to the situation above and their liability is $4,000 less. You owe $16,047 over the course of the year. But many don’t change withholding. So they see it as $4,000 in free money.

Not enough single parents nearing the poverty line claim exempt. They’d get their own money when they need it week to week. Instead of looking at it like free money in April.
A mom making $27,500 gets $8,000 in credits each year. So why are they still claiming zero? Their liability is a mere $1700, so they get a nice $6300 refund on top of any extra withholdings.

The government also imposes a penalty if you owe. I’m not sure exactly what that number is. So that’s why many just opt to go over every year and get that refund.

Last edited:
Very interesting. Waiting here for now, I’m in Seattle, ground zero! And Boeing might extend suspended operations

Back
Top Bottom