OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

The Senate adjourned on Thursday evening without Republicans and Democrats reaching a deal on the next stimulus package amid the coronavirus pandemic, meaning the extra $600 in unemployment benefits expired after Friday.

And regardless of whether Congress agrees to resume the extra $600 per week or decreases the amount to $200 — as some Republicans propose — experts say that roughly 30 million jobless Americans collecting benefits will not receive any extra stimulus for several weeks.

“It's going to take maybe three to four weeks to ramp it back up again” after any deal, Gbenga Ajilore, a senior economist at the Center for American Progress, a non-profit for public policy research and advocacy, told Yahoo Money.

To simply restart the extra $600 now that they’ve expired would take up to five weeks, according to an estimate by the National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA) provided to Yahoo Money by The Committee on Ways and Means.

“A month is a pretty good bet,” Michele Evermore, senior policy analyst at the National Employment Law Project, told Yahoo Money.

After Congress passes a deal, the Department of Labor would have to issue regulations that states implement. Each step of that process — starting with deadlocked negotiations — will require time.

i haven't seen whether or not they're gonna give back pay for that bonus unemployment. Like let's say they decide people gonna get $300 extra a week and they don't get it for a month, do they get a lump sum $1200 for the missed weeks? Or does the government just expect them to survive those 4 weeks on regular benefits?

You sure?

This is state level.

Can cities implement this kind of payout?

Well, the New York extension only applies to the standard benefit rate of $504 a week. The bonus money ends whenever the federal government decides.

Is that the max for NY? Any idea was the minimum UI payment is for NY? So folks were pulling 1100 a week? Not bad for people outside of the city. NYC, 4400 a month is poverty :lol:

It's actually wild how low the pay wage is for the average citizen in America. 4400 a month is just 52 grand a year. And thats well above average pay wage in the states. Which is crazy.

Last edited:
Is that the max for NY? Any idea was the minimum UI payment is for NY? So folks were pulling 1100 a week? Not bad for people outside of the city. NYC, 4400 a month is poverty :lol:

It's actually wild how low the pay wage is for the average citizen in America. 4400 a month is just 52 grand a year. And thats well above average pay wage in the states. Which is crazy.

52k a year goes a long way depending on which state you live in

Also what's good with the stimulus check AND the extra 9k for the eidl advance.
****** like a month or two away from robbing ****** like the old days.

Not that anybody ever stopped robbing I mean exactly like the old days tho.....

If you can’t survive off $4300+ a month (52k) a year, then you’ve got serious problems. You should be able to survive off that anywhere in America. Quick google, the average monthly mortgage is $1100 a month. Instead of paying $1300+ a month to rent an apartment, get a mortgage.

If you can’t survive off $4300+ a month (52k) a year, then you’ve got serious problems. You should be able to survive off that anywhere in America. Quick google, the average monthly mortgage is $1100 a month. Instead of paying $1300+ a month to rent an apartment, get a mortgage.

Kind of high horse of you to assume it's just that easy for people to get mortgages with this countries history.

It's also double bladed sword.

You have to save for a down payment first.

And if you're at 52k a year, you're probably already living check yo check so how can one pay these absurd rent prices and save?

Also you've probably ran off on the plug once or twice so your credit needs some work too.

So pay bills, save, and clean up your debt?

All at once?

On 52k?

In Merica?

And a black or brown minority?

c44.gif

I did it. Focused on my credit, set a goal and wouldnt be denied. my creditor was brutal to work with... WHonder WHy. But I bought a townhome before 30

Next goal is to buy a 2nd home by 35.... not as close as id like to be though

Cpl acres and a nice yard this time

Been beyond blessed and a little lucky though. My wife is a therapist and makes great money and is 2 years younger than me.

I’ve found as low as $967/mo locally but the house was a foreclosure. was in great shape and in the neighborhood Im in now, just needed work on the deck, but my bum *** real estate agent was dragging his feet and somebody swooped on it. Beautiful ranch style home with basement and nice sized front and backyard. Was listed less than $180k.

lots of low priced homes around here and even lower when you go out in the sticks. and I’m in the suburbs halfway between DC and Richmond. People buying up properties like crazy rn.

prices dropping and lots of people selling, plus this area is eligible for USDA loans and there’s credits and stuff for first time buyers and whatnot. apartments here going up EVERYWHERE and if you not in low income or the hood you paying at least $1299/mo for a 2br 1 bath :lol:

My uncle has a house in LB his mortgage was like $950 bought the house in 1992
These are the only instances in which this occurs. I know a female who’s paying like $800 a month but she’s been loving there for 30 years and the spot looks like it. No renovation whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom