OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

mighta jus got finessed out the stimmy...

tenor.gif

I read what was posted in here so far. Question if anyone knows the answer.

I filed my taxes already and had to report the unemployment money I received which I didn’t have tax deducted. I received a very minimal tax refund as a result.

Will this bill have me getting another refund to cover those losses or is this for future UE benifits?

I read what was posted in here so far. Question if anyone knows the answer.

I filed my taxes already and had to report the unemployment money I received which I didn’t have tax deducted. I received a very minimal tax refund as a result.

Will this bill have me getting another refund to cover those losses or is this for future UE benifits?
Don’t take my word for it but I think you may need to file an amended tax return. Probably best to wait for more details this coming week. Hopefully they do it for 2021 taxes next year also.

Last edited:
^good info. It read as future unemployment initially (like the 26 weeks they just added). But who knows. It may be for both years. It definitely sounds like millions will need to amend their taxes now. Great timing politicians.

If you already filed for 2020 they will be using your 2020 income. That has been one of the talking points that if you made more in 2020 to hold off on filing until the stimulus passed.

Sounds like a good idea but eventually you are going to have to file 2020 and the irs does audits. Sounds like a future tax problem.

Looks like republicans are doing their best just to stall everything. They don’t have the power to stop it but want to at least slow it down. To the “both sides” people on here..... explain

word, **** like this is despicable:smh::smh:

GOP Sen. Johnson delays Covid relief bill by forcing all 628 pages to be read out loud”

im puttin paws on him if he pulls that stunt on me. Took almost 11 hours to get through that. What a complete waste of time and one of the biggest douche bag moves in politics.

Does someone who hasn’t been working (stay at home mom) that may not be getting unemployment (unsure) have been benefiting from these stimulus checks?

Does someone who hasn’t been working (stay at home mom) that may not be getting unemployment (unsure) have been benefiting from these stimulus checks?
That money gets spent somehow. Really the point of it. Worst thing you can do with this is keep it in the eyes of the government

Back
Top Bottom