Official 2021-2022 Charlotte Hornets Thread : Bouknight, Jones, The LaMelo Era

We need this win tonight...
pimp.gif

2-1 against the Celtics so far this season. With the home court edge I hope the crowd can give us that extra momentum if needed.

Last edited:
It also sucks that we haven't really had the starting 5 for many games this year.

Kemba was out for a long time.

Al was out for a decent amount of time.

Overall MKG was out for a long time.

Hard to win when you never know who you are trotting out there.

No thanks to both ....especially Stanley
I think Cauley-Stein would be an excellent defensive option. Guy can guard 2-5 pretty much. Pair him with MKG down the stretch but limit mins during the game together and you always have a defensive stopper out there.

Johnson mainly because our wings have no post up game, and that'd be a nice option to have. Plus I still think we need to deal Gerald.

Who you hoping for?

Haven't really dived into the draft prospects so I'm not sure who'll be there when it's our turn to draft.

I just want a legit scorer on this team....team has always been decent on defense but I want points

Also want Lance gone but I doubt that will happen

Last edited:
Here's an idea:

LETS TRADE LANCE WHEN HIS STOCK IS AT ITS ABSOLUTE LOWEST!

For a 35 year old hothead and a 27 year old deep bencher!

With the Lamb trade immenent from being complete and after moving noah for batum we've addressed wings/shooting. I feel like WCS will be the pick if there at 9.

As much as Clifford values D and the doubt that we'll off biz it makes sense. Hawes and WCS off the bench, throw willie in the PnR and play him inside while hawes stretches the floor along with WCS ability to guard all 5 positions i feel like this is the pick and must be the pick. Makes sense with what we've done

laugh.gif

I still like Kaminsky's game. But I understand your point about defense.
Honest question: Is it his basketball IQ you like? I just don't understand what part of his game people are so in love with?

He played for a team that was GREAT at ball movement and literally ran EVERYTHING for and through him. Not sure it translates, at least not for the Hornets.

We have a chance in my opinion to address actual needs in this draft. If we get Cauley Stein, we can dump Bismack (I like the guy, but he becomes unneeded, or must be relegated to a Maxiell role). We can have WCS spell Zeller, and honestly maybe end up taking his job.

I feel like you rarely see rim protectors that can legitimately guard 2-5 in the NBA. Plus, WCS doesn't need to clog the lane to get buckets, and can stay out of Al's way when Al's on that block making his check.

OR

You get Booker, the best shooter in the draft, to address the most glaring need on the offensive end of the floor.

Of course...

As Rick Bonnell noted, Hornets aren't usually good at wooing free agents or making draft picks but they have no qualms about making trades, so I wouldn't be opposed to see us try to trade the pick. Or better yet trade down a few spots. I heard Phoenix is really liking Kaminsky. Doing something like trading the 9 for the 13 pick and one player (Brandan Wright comes to mind) might not be a bad idea. You might even still  WCS there.

Also...

If the Lakers take Russell, this whole thing gets interesting and we should maybe have someone drop to us like Vonleh last year.

Just my thoughts...wow that was longer than anticipated, sorry

Back
Top Bottom