OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the end of the season, the other guys might be better than him. Not a crazy take.
Until proven otherwise, I think you have to assume the high rated guy who has played games and is still high rated will be better than the high rated guys who haven't played much at all (and not really impressed in the little game action they had.)

Unless you're baiting Bobby Layne Bobby Layne 's JT hate; then iswydt.

Until proven otherwise, I think you have to assume the high rated guy who has played games and is still high rated will be better than the high rated guys who haven't played much at all (and not really impressed in the little game action they had.)

Unless you're baiting Bobby Layne Bobby Layne 's JT hate; then iswydt.
What does “still high rated” even mean in this context? Nobody would be shocked if by the end of the year it was obvious that DJ and Bryce are better than JT. By all account Stroud has been balling too.

What does “still high rated” even mean in this context? Nobody would be shocked if by the end of the year it was obvious that DJ and Bryce are better than JT. By all account Stroud has been balling too.
You're not saying anything with this statement lol

JT has gotten some mock draft hype due to being a big recruit but I guarantee you 0 NFL scouts actually look at him like that.

There’s nothing special about his game His arm is decent but he thinks it’s better that it actually is, which offsets that.

Since we have CFB starting this weekend I'm curious to get your thoughts on your respective teams heading into the season. Ignoring just a record prediction, what are the games on the schedule that you absolutely have to win to have a successful season? And on the other end, which games can you not afford to lose?

For FSU, I think they have to get a minimum of 4 wins out of Wake, Cuse, NC State, BC, Louisville and not get absolutely dogwalked vs ND on opening night. As weird as it is to say, that Wake game might be the most important game of the season. I have no delusions that this team will actually be 'Good' this year, but if you manage to get 4/5 (or in a perfect world 5/5) of those games then you're well on your way to keeping things on track and potentially exceeding anything that you'd consider realistic. Lose two of those games (especially that game to Wake) and you're well on your way to a 3-4 win season.

I have pretty high (and probably unreasonable) expectations for UNC this year.

I think VA Tech is a solid first test and will probably let me know where the team is as a whole. Notre Dame and Miami are obviously the biggest games of the season for us and if we can at least split those games, I'll be happy. FSU is a sneaky game for us too, though I do expect us to win.

You just told me that JTD was "still high rated". :lol: Pot meet kettle.
yes-sir-hulk-hogan.gif

dacomeup dacomeup pandering to Bobby Layne Bobby Layne with anti JT rhetoric.

Sure. Do you think it's more likely that Bryce and CJ have better seasons than JT than not?

JT has gotten some mock draft hype due to being a big recruit but I guarantee you 0 NFL scouts actually look at him like that.

There’s nothing special about his game His arm is decent but he thinks it’s better that it actually is, which offsets that.
Don't forget we have our Avy bet

So in a nutshell what does this ACC, B1G and Pac-12 alliance entail? Future out of conference games? An expanded playoff at end of the year (like top two teams playing each other at end of the season?)?

Ignoring just a record prediction, what are the games on the schedule that you absolutely have to win to have a successful season? And on the other end, which games can you not afford to lose?
1. Every game outside of UNC and Alabama.

2. FSU, Pitt, UVA

So in a nutshell what does this ACC, B1G and Pac-12 alliance entail? Future out of conference games? An expanded playoff at end of the year (like top two teams playing each other at end of the season?)?
DP explains it pretty well imo on what they're attempting to accomplish

Them doing all this on a gentleman's handshake sounds like a trainwreck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom