OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Texas Aggie here...
The only man that can get our program turned around.

fridaynightlights.jpeg
The cripple Quarterback from the show might make a more positive impact on A&M’s situation than that coach.

Yes, post-injury.

There’s no doubt this **** is embarrassing for a NFL franchise but is cheating on your wife really something that can trigger a “morals clause”?

Isn’t that for serious off the field infractions? I’ve never particularly been that much of a fan of Urban, but this is bs if he gets fired for this.

There’s no doubt this **** is embarrassing for a NFL franchise but is cheating on your wife really something that can trigger a “morals clause”?

Isn’t that for serious off the field infractions? I’ve never particularly been that much of a fan of Urban, but this is bs if he gets fired for this.
I bet they put that vaguely in his contract so they can fire him if something off the field he isn’t directly implicated but possibly had a hand in covering up comes up like his UF and Ohio days. He’s so disliked by the Jax players and office right now they’re probably phishing for a way to use it against him.

EDIT

I think it’s also worth speculating if they’re really talking about firing him for morality my guess is It won’t just be for this. The jags are probably digging into something else they would have kept buried if the team didn’t suck so bad.

Last edited:
If they’re firing him for publicly being a scum bag, that’s a bigger indictment on the people making decisions in Jacksonville than it is of Urban Meyer.

Everyone already knew he was a scum bag.

They’re either looking for reasons to move on, or they hired this dude with their heads buried in the sand about who he is and what he’s done at every other stop in his coaching career.

Urbs might make it through this year but they need to see some significant progress for him to keep his job long-term. Winning cures all and he has some winnable games coming up but we will see.

I really question if Urbs really wants to be the Jags coach. Dude doesn't seem like a grinder (he's a frontrunner) that would stick it out to make the team better. He had to have known that he would lose a ton of games the first two plus years in Jacksonville but I'm sure the arrogance that made him a great college coach just assumed that all he had to do was do things his way and things would work out fine. He also doesn't seem to understand that coaching college kids is way different than coaching grown men that play football because it helps them support their families. Giving Tim Tebow a shot was a joke and hiring the racist strength coach from Iowa was even dumber. Urbs has been coddled since his Florida days because he's won but he had vastly superior talent than almost everyone not named DLK and Saban. No recruiting in the pros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom