OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Ed O’s “shut up and go” buyout has Jeremy Pruitt feeling some type of way :lol:

okay-tyler-ok.gif

More like Arch is visiting :lol:

Not to be a Debbie Downer but Arch Manning at least so far, isn't anything special. He's not a Quinn Ewers, Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields generation, can't miss, type prospect. He is a high level high school QB, in the five-star range but I think people will be disappointed if they think he is a program changing type of guy. 90% of the hype and high ranking is due to his last name.

Not to be a Debbie Downer but Arch Manning at least so far, isn't anything special. He's not a Quinn Ewers, Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields generation, can't miss, type prospect. He is a high level high school QB, in the five-star range but I think people will be disappointed if they think he is a program changing type of guy. 90% of the hype and high ranking is due to his last name.
Right. And they’re writing his last name in the end zone for the game he’s visiting for. Lane’s not dumb :lol:

And tbh 5 star HS QB recruiting is a crap shoot. We’ve posted about the high rate of busts in here before, but their success is generally more indicative of what they have around them more than it is their own specific talents.

Who are the 5 stars that have been program changing at QB the past decade? Kyler, Trevor, Justin…

Lane has Matt Corrall looking like a 1st or 2nd round draft pick. He doesn’t need Arch to be anything but good.

Probably depends on the hire. Not losing much if Mario gets it.
They going to win a bidding war with Oregon?

Feels like there's no reason for Oregon to let him/want him to move on and it feels like Miami is notoriously cheap.

Or does he just love Miami enough that he'll set all that aside and take less?

Feels like there's no reason for Oregon to let him/want him to move on and it feels like Miami is notoriously cheap.

It wouldn't be a money move because they just won't pay what Oregon can pay. Mario is just an above average coach imo and maybe that's what we need.

It wouldn't be a money move because they just won't pay what Oregon can pay. Mario is just an above average coach imo and maybe that's what we need.
Maybe I'm wrong on this - but I've always kind of felt like Miami was a place that needed someone that just flat out loves that program - and is probably from that era in the late 80's through the early 00's and just bleeds that program. Richt had coached and played there but never felt like that guy to me. Maybe it was just too late in his career for it to really click.

Feels like the fan base is kind of lethargic - kind of front runny.

I hate the "Aggie guy" or the "Michigan man" and the "he just gets us" culture in general for just about every other place... But outside looking in Miami kind of feels like they just need it from an energy perspective and a donor excitement perspective.

Def won’t be a bidding war. He’s just going to want full commitments to the entire football program and the opportunity to build a SEC style program. Sounds like he’s going to have a tough decision to make but the back channeling is already happening for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom