OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Our employee didn't tell us he was taking other calls?!"

Right, yeah. Nobody does.

My VP actually asked me that when someone quit this morning.. And expected that people are just going to tell you they're unhappy and looking to leave.

Doesn't happen. At least not anywhere I've ever been.
They also stole him from Cincinnati days before the Sugar Bowl in their best season in program history. They literally did this exact same thing. And they had reason to suspect his agent had hit up USC and LSU... Bruce Feldman told you he did :lol:

LSU is the better job.
USC is the safer job that you do not have the pressure of winning a National Championship ever year and you can build the program back. 10 -2/9-3 season, you're still the man at USC.

I have no problem with coaches leaving for greener pastures, as long as the kids can do the same.
Ehh, yes and no. Recruitment is a lot on the coach. You promise the kids to be there and bounce? It’s not illegal but it’s ******. Again, the kids are on borrowed time to play D1. They just lost a year or two off of that where as the coaches get paid.

They also stole him from Cincinnati days before the Sugar Bowl in their best season in program history. They literally did this exact same thing. And they had reason to suspect his agent had hit up USC and LSU... Bruce Feldman told you he did :lol:
"There's nothing we couldn't have done!"

Except that you handicap your football program from jump street by requiring extra academic clearances and your administration is dead set against moving that bar.

Ehh, yes and no. Recruitment is a lot on the coach. You promise the kids to be there and bounce? It’s not illegal but it’s ****ty. Again, the kids are on borrowed time to play D1. They just lost a year or two off of that where as the coaches get paid.

I thought kids could transfer without having to sit if a coach leaves.

Hilarious because Coach O tried to poach him last year and he picked ND. Stay at ND potentially with Fickell or risk getting beat up in the SEC? Much better access to athletes at LSU though, but risk people attributing the success to Fickell if he gets the job and you’re still under him

I thought kids could transfer without having to sit if a coach leaves.
Not sure, but either way that’s a scramble to find a team and everything else that comes with that. Other schools already filled your spot, new system, etc. all that completely out of their own pocket.

Don’t see why people are knocking Lincoln for not wanting to be the equivalent of Florida in the SEC with Oklahoma? Restoring USC to glory and also saving the PAC 12 from irrelevance by doing so is a much better career/story arc.

As a USC fan I can understand why Lincoln did what he did but his quality of life is going to take a HUGE drop in LA. I have been to Norman several times and I've been called the N word there but the people there are real salt of the earth folks that I share my views with. LA is a cesspool of liberalism and BLM which I don't agree with.

Thread popping like never before, I love it

LSU is probably the best job, only issue you gotta deal with is battling Saban every year but his old *** had to retire soon and save college football.

The college football arms race gets crazier and crazier. First it was high dollar facilities, now it’s paying coaches CRAZY money. Love to see it

Thread popping like never before, I love it

LSU is probably the best job, only issue you gotta deal with is battling Saban every year but his old *** had to retire soon and save college football.

The college football arms race gets crazier and crazier. First it was high dollar facilities, now it’s paying coaches CRAZY money. Love to see it

Just need these NIL deals to pan out and players getting to move like Free Agents and I'm set. LFG

Don’t see why people are knocking Lincoln for not wanting to be the equivalent of Florida in the SEC with Oklahoma? Restoring USC to glory and also saving the PAC 12 from irrelevance by doing so is a much better career/story arc.
Of course it’s a good move for him. I’m talking about from his former players perspective and the coach/player dynamic in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom