OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
From an athletes pov how ****ty is this? Your season isn’t even over and your boss is throwing up gang signs for another team already lol. Hope these coaches never preach about loyalty or cry about the transfer portal again. Pay the players already
In the past I would agree with you.

But now these kids today move around a bunch themselves, they know what comes with the sport, and there's opportunity to go elsewhere now with the 1 time rule.

In the past I would agree with you.

But now these kids today move around a bunch themselves, they know what comes with the sport, and there's opportunity to go elsewhere now with the 1 time rule.
Naw. These kids have a handful of years MAX and choose to go based on multiple reason, coach included. The coaches are set for life with a contract and flip the bird. Moving to the next level is nothing but a numbers game. They get put up a season with low numbers and the nfl is gone, Of course they’re going where they can produce asap

on top of that, Pay these kids

Venables to OU is done. They’re gonna announce it today. From OU’s board runner:

“Assuming things are indeed finalized between Venables and Oklahoma, what a masterpiece of a job by Joe Castiglione. This coaching search has literally lasted less than 24 hours.”

Oof. Considering how they ran him out of town last time, if this hire turns out to be Jeremy Pruitt, that last sentence of his statement is going to come back for sure.

Venables to OU is done. They’re gonna announce it today. From OU’s board runner:

“Assuming things are indeed finalized between Venables and Oklahoma, what a masterpiece of a job by Joe Castiglione. This coaching search has literally lasted less than 24 hours.”

Oof. Considering how they ran him out of town last time, if this hire turns out to be Jeremy Pruitt, that last sentence of his statement is going to come back for sure.

I don’t like it for them.

But if that means them and Clemson will crumble I’m all for it

nako xl nako xl casper90403 casper90403 any thoughts on Drake coming back next season to play in Lincoln’s offense for a year? Obviously doesn’t need any more tape, but could be fun as a rehab year to put up more video game numbers in a very friendly offense.
no chance. I better not see him play another down in College. Go get paid man. I'll even drop him off at the airport to make sure he gets on that plane out of town.

From an athletes pov how ****ty is this? Your season isn’t even over and your boss is throwing up gang signs for another team already lol. Hope these coaches never preach about loyalty or cry about the transfer portal again. Pay the players already
i think it sucks. Wish the NCAA could do something but its not realistic.

But got dammit, I'm happy as hell right now but feel for the Sooners.

Question...

What if Texas had held on to Herman for one more year? N41D N41D tmay407 tmay407 justincredible7 justincredible7

Obviously who knows if things even go down like this in that scenario, but doesn't it kinda feel like maybe they jumped too early trying to get an early jump on all this. Especially in a year when cooler headed people kept cautioning, "Don't make a long term decision based on this covid anomaly year."

Question...

What if Texas had held on to Herman for one more year? N41D N41D tmay407 tmay407 justincredible7 justincredible7

Obviously who knows if things even go down like this in that scenario, but doesn't it kinda feel like maybe they jumped too early trying to get an early jump on all this. Especially in a year when cooler headed people kept cautioning, "Don't make a long term decision based on this covid anomaly year."
If they were in the market this year... In all honestly given what's clear as day about their culture and the nonsense surrounding that job PLUS the impending move to the SEC...

Are they more attractive than any one of the five major gigs that opened this offseason?

Seems like College football is worse than the NFL when it comes to hiring head coaches of color.
Yeah there's just more opportunities, but it's terrible.

Surprisingly though, and I'll eat crow if it happens, ND people are reporting that Freeman is trending to get that job. Maybe they're focused on stability and not having the roster fall apart (and going cheap seeing all these $100M price tags flying around.)

It’s been constant. He’s not EJ bad but he’s damned close.
Just to chime in on this

Texas 247 dudes are telling their readers that Campbell is concerned about distance and UT is his fam's favorite.

His mom is on record in multiple interviews from the summer saying that USC was her favorite school even before they visited, that the visit convinced her to push him more to get away for school.

Campbell likes UT for sure, but it feels like they just made up an easy southern kid narrative instead of actual reporting :lol:

Dre you shut your god damned mouth. :lol: :lol:

:rofl:

oh-well-forgetting-sarah-marshall.gif

I'm just saying. There's always dominoes that fall during this silly szn

Just to chime in on this

Texas 247 dudes are telling their readers that Campbell is concerned about distance and UT is his fam's favorite.

His mom is on record in multiple interviews from the summer saying that USC was her favorite school even before they visited, that the visit convinced her to push him more to get away for school.

Campbell likes UT for sure, but it feels like they just made up an easy southern kid narrative instead of actual reporting :lol:

:lol: They better hope they land him cuz they damned sure aren't flipping Kelvin Banks, won't land Dewberry and the other options at OL are... Bad.

Just like the now 4 they'll have committed from Sark's first two classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom