OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why we've seen so many reports on how Coach Prime is going to leave JSU. Hell they was running with that narrative the moment he started coaching the Tigers. (glad to see him attempting to pull talent away from TCU after that little situation they tried to pull last month).
After what little situation TCU tried to pull?

He 100% reached out and expressed interest in that job. There was no smoke and mirrors - it happened.

He 100% reached out and expressed interest in that job. There was no smoke and mirrors - it happened.
Did it?! Learn something new every day. He was wildin with that move then.

I would be surprised if Hunter stayed his whole time. Do 2 years there and transfer to a power program for junior year and cash even more checks.

We don't know who reached out to who or if an interview was actually conducted. From Coach Primes mouth " Never believe rumors, especially when I've been in the hospital dern-near a month. Never just go out there and believe what you hear. But trust me, TCU and several others are not the only ones interested in what we do here at Jackson State. "

We don't know who reached out to who or if an interview was actually conducted. From Coach Primes mouth " Never believe rumors, especially when I've been in the hospital dern-near a month. Never just go out there and believe what you hear. But trust me, TCU and several others are not the only ones interested in what we do here at Jackson State. "
If you believe him, that's fine.

I got plenty of folks at TCU I trust a hell of a lot more than I would Deion Sanders given the reputation he built for himself as a high school coach in DFW.

You have no idea. If Harvard wanted it they’d be the best funded program in the country.

Thing is they don’t want it specifically because of all that comes with that.

Like アミーゴ アミーゴ said on the last page…we’ve been hearing this narrative for ages and nothing ever happens. Seems like the Ivy League schools are content so long as they’re beating the other Ivy League schools.

Moral of the story. Trust no one and get your bag, because at the end of the day, the only one that cares about you, is you and your family. Doesn’t matter whether you’re a coach or player, it’s a dog eat dog world.

The NFL isnt guaranteed a lock, but that $2M from Uncle Dave and Prime was. In a prefect world, you’d hope it wasn’t in Jackson, MS, but … that $2M spends the same everywhere. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I would be surprised if Hunter stayed his whole time. Do 2 years there and transfer to a power program for junior year and cash even more checks.
Based on the statement he gave today I doubt it. "HBCUs have a rich history in football. I want to be part of that future." Boy trying to be the next Jerry Rice.

Like Shannon said, if you’re a baller they will find you. If you’re a fringe NFL guy, though, you should probably go to a P5 school.

Is it standing room? I remember they only had the lower half of the stadium opened but those tickets sold out and they said they would open the upper half.
One thing about the Jackson State is their fanbase is one of the best in the FCS when it comes to traveling. Even before Coach Prime got there, the fans would travel consistently.
Yea its standing room only and they are 40 a piece and went on sale at 12 est. Glad I got my tickets early

He’ll be there as long as Deion is there. Barring injury he’s a 3 and out guy. And if Deion does dip I’d be very surprised if he doesn’t just follow him
Pretty sure deion gonna bounce in the next 3 years when his sons are done at JSU. It will be hard to pass up the money that one of these power 5 schools gonna throw at him now seeing what he is doing at JSU.

Pretty sure deion gonna bounce in the next 3 years when his sons are done at JSU. It will be hard to pass up the money that one of these power 5 schools gonna throw at him now seeing what he is doing at JSU.

FSU would be dumb not to hire him. That said, they’re very salty at the moment :lol:

Like アミーゴ アミーゴ said on the last page…we’ve been hearing this narrative for ages and nothing ever happens. Seems like the Ivy League schools are content so long as they’re beating the other Ivy League schools.
They don’t want to be involved in big football. They find it dirty.

But Harvard, for example, has an endowment large enough to sustain every student going there for free if they wanted. Not just athletes. The school is smaller than most FBS schools (5,000 students) but they have the funds of a well off European nation.

See what Stanford is doing right now? Imagine that and much more. (For the record Stanford [and Cal] are starting to wonder if they want to stay in the business of competitive FBS football too.)

They don’t want to be involved in big football. They find it dirty.

But Harvard, for example, has an endowment large enough to sustain every student going there for free if they wanted. Not just athletes. The school is smaller than most FBS schools (5,000 students) but they have the funds of a well off European nation.

See what Stanford is doing right now? Imagine that and much more. (For the record Stanford [and Cal] are starting to wonder if they want to stay in the business of competitive FBS football too.)

It is dirty. The ends don’t justify the means for these schools. They don’t need the exposure that big football gives them. The names Harvard, Princeton, and Stanford sell themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom