OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang, Dematrius Davis to Alabama State? Would have thought he’d have better suitors than that.
I thought so as well. He may have his eyes on a SEC school. Since he can't play SEC ball this coming up year might as well go play and re-enter the portal next season

I thought so as well. He may have his eyes on a SEC school. Since he can't play SEC ball this coming up year might as well go play and re-enter the portal next season

You can only enter the portal once as a undergrad without having to sit out.

I’m surprised he couldn’t even get a look from a MAC or Sunbelt school.

Last edited:
You can only enter the portal once as a undergrad without having to sit out.

I’m surprised he couldn’t even get a look from a MAC or Sunbelt school.
He could get a full release from Alabama State and regardless would probably file a waiver appeal and the ncaa isn’t really fighting those anymore.

He should have waited until fall camp though

Quarterbacks gotta either leave when the year starts or be in the portal by signing day.

He’s the first QB Lincoln didn’t get as a groomed transfer and he was garbage, but they weren’t trying to hear that since they thought Lincoln is the QB Guru GOAT
OU fans definitely couldn’t conceive that a QB of theirs could be a bust or regress. Ironically Landry Jones did that exact thing before Lincoln got there.

Thing is Rattler isn’t/wasn’t even garbage. He just wasn’t the star he/they thought he was and he apparently was an entitled jerk. The article makes it clear he still thinks he was the best player on that team and a 1st rounder.

After all the effort to change the perception of him and say “QB1” was an inaccurate portrayal of his personality he drops this?

EYE think Lincoln did a poor job managing that situation. I'm not even a Rattler guy, but that whole thing was a **** show.

Turned out the reason is he was largely checked out for months.

EYE think Lincoln did a poor job managing that situation. I'm not even a Rattler guy, but that whole thing was a **** show.

Turned out the reason is he was largely checked out for months.
“Turned out the reason is…” according to who? That staff went 11-2 (10-2 with Riley there.)

You think he should have stuck with Rattler?

“Turned out the reason is…” according to who? That staff went 11-2 (10-2 with Riley there.)

You think he should have stuck with Rattler?
They went 11-2 because they're just flat out better than everyone they played. That's basically Oklahoma's story in the BigXII for two decades now.

That man was checked out on Oklahoma and job hunting WAY BEFORE the season ended. It's obvious - why try and discount that?

I don't think he should've stuck with Rattler - but the several weeks in there where he was bouncing back and forth, not committing to someone, doing all the goofy **** that went on during those few transition weeks was.... odd.

N41D N41D who? How should I feel?

How USC stay recruiting guys from Texas I've never even heard of because they get zero interest from A&M or Texas? :lol:

Lemme go dig.

I don't think he should've stuck with Rattler - but the several weeks in there where he was bouncing back and forth, not committing to someone, doing all the goofy **** that went on during those few transition weeks was.... odd.
That didn't happen though.

Rattler started the first 6 games. Caleb didn't play non-garbage minutes until week 6 when they had to pull Rattler at red river. After that, Caleb started the remaining games and Rattler got some non-garbage snaps vs. Baylor because Caleb got hurt in that game and then came back in.

There was no bouncing back and forth. In fact, that's what Rattler's complaining about in that interview. That Lincoln made the change too quickly and easily.

That 11-2 was not a very pretty 11-2. I give them credit for winning those games but they struggled against quite a few bad teams. I don’t blame Lincoln for making the switch when he did but it’s not like Caleb came in and beat a bunch of good teams either. Let’s not forget they were losing at the half to Kansas of all teams

That didn't happen though.

Rattler started the first 6 games. Caleb didn't play non-garbage minutes until week 6 when they had to pull Rattler at red river. After that, Caleb started the remaining games and Rattler got some non-garbage snaps vs. Baylor because Caleb got hurt in that game and then came back in.

There was no bouncing back and forth. In fact, that's what Rattler's complaining about in that interview. That Lincoln made the change too quickly and easily.
We gonna act like the interviews he did throughout all them weeks and never verbally committing to a starter, making weird insinuations that Rattler might see some snaps and never committing to it being Caleb's team full stop didn't happen?

That **** was a mess, dude.

I was all aboard the Rattler ain't it train all year long - all the way back to when he was getting #1 overall pick NFL hype last summer. But that whole situation felt like it was handled poorly from the get go.

We gonna act like the interviews he did throughout all them weeks and never verbally committing to a starter, making weird insinuations that Rattler might see some snaps and never committing to it being Caleb's team full stop didn't happen?

That **** was a mess, dude.

I was all aboard the Rattler ain't it train all year long - all the way back to when he was getting #1 overall pick NFL hype last summer. But that whole situation felt like it was handled poorly from the get go.
Rattler never got 1st team reps after week 6. We saw the debacle of an OU media person climbing a tower to film the fact Caleb was getting all the 1st team reps before TTU.

You're calling it a mess because he didn't trash Rattler to the media when asked, and tried to keep him somewhat engaged and preserve his value if he decided to bounce. But Caleb got all the practice reps and started all the games. Rattler played 4th quarter minutes. I don't see how much clearer it gets than that? This feels like you repeating post-mortem OU media propaganda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom