OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
nako xl nako xl

Obviously Malachi and Nico get all the pub…

What’s the deal with Jaden Rashada and Pierce Clarkson?

Is Clarkson the big-time QB trainer’s kid?
Rashada’s arm talent is crazy. Not sure what his tape looks like but he looks incredible in 7 on.

nako xl nako xl

Obviously Malachi and Nico get all the pub…

What’s the deal with Jaden Rashada and Pierce Clarkson?

Is Clarkson the big-time QB trainer’s kid?
Rashada's a 7 on 7 superstar. He has a really good highlight tape (it's better than Nico's) but he never really got the attention or hype Malachi and Nico did. Probably because his HS's in Northern California and he doesn't have the connections the other guys ranked ahead of him do.

Clarkson is indeed the well known QB trainer's son. He's decent but is pretty small. He's a really popular kid though and is going to convince a couple of Cali blue chips to go with him wherever he ends up. Especially since Louisville's coordination system seems to have seriously picked up this year.

casper90403 casper90403 has posted about Clarkson before and is familiar with him because he plays at Bosco. I think Casper said he preferred the other QB they had splitting time last year.

Rashada's a 7 on 7 superstar. He has a really good highlight tape (it's better than Nico's) but he never really got the attention or hype Malachi and Nico did. Probably because his HS's in Northern California and he doesn't have the connections the other guys ranked ahead of him do.

Clarkson is indeed the well known QB trainer's son. He's decent but is pretty small. He's a really popular kid though and is going to convince a couple of Cali blue chips to go with him wherever he ends up. Especially since Louisville's coordination system seems to have seriously picked up this year.

casper90403 casper90403 has posted about Clarkson before and is familiar with him because he plays at Bosco. I think Casper said he preferred the other QB they had splitting time last year.
Katin Houser, who's at Michigan State now.

Clarkson is solid. But, like you said, he's slight of frame. He's a dual threat in high school but no chance he can play like that in college. He won't survive

The kid is a lot better than I thought he would be. I thought he was living off his pops name but he can play. I see A&M just offered. He'd be making a huge mistake going somewhere like A&M, which is why I think he sticks with his Louisville commitment. Better shot at actually playing there. Hes not an SEC QB.

Clarkson does look tiny.

Rashada's got some highlights/clips of throws that make your eyes pop outta your head.

How is this kid seemingly not being recruited by everyone? What am I missing?

Clarkson does look tiny.

Rashada's got some highlights/clips of throws that make your eyes pop outta your head.

He had Nelson and Nico ahead of him in Cali. Had the Cal/UCLA’s of the world after him, then he blew up and Miami and Bama (as a backup to Nico/Holstein) came after, now looks like the bidding war for him is really about to take off.

Clarkson does look tiny.

He's CJ Stroud. Same kind of recruitment. It's not easy being the 3rd "best" QB in Cali, especially when the 2nd best guy is related to Big Dave the hype man.

nako xl nako xl knows better than anyone that these Oregon guys can be wrong, but here’s their thoughts. N41D N41D think you’d have to take the brothers too.

1650560160948.png

Huffman posted on the A&M board, too, that he thought they would be a massive player.

A&M's gotta go national at QB. The Texas group is as bad as it's maybe ever been, even though I love Jackson Arnold. They could probably steal Austin Novosad from Baylor at any point in time, but here seems to be something they don't love there.

Losing Holstein was a real kick in the balls. Especially with him probably going to Bama.

Huffman is legit for Seattle area/Northern California kids.

He’s always spot on (when he’s not lying to SC fans to maintain a smoke screen :lol:)

Sark never should have taken that job. I get why he did it but he should have known
It's a top 10 job and up to that point he couldn't get hired at a mid tier P5. Like USC when he got it, it's one of those jobs most people only get one opportunity at and can't really say no to. He was blessed with the chance to coach at 2 such jobs, despite his past personal problems. I don't blame him.

On a bright side, I really do believe he's sober this time, so I believe he's in a better space to work through it.

Quietly I think he would have been smarter to show up day 1, reject the eyes of texas bull**** to ephasize it's his program now, and just instill that Pete Carroll "Hollywood but disciplined and tough" culture like he sort of did year 1 at UW. Right now it sounds like he's just letting boosters and top recruits and their families determine how things will be run. It's a recipe for failure.

Nick Saban got some nerve talking about how anyone else goes about acquiring talent as he reels in another farm system transfer portal receiver... :lol: :smh:

Nick Saban got some nerve talking about how anyone else goes about acquiring talent as he reels in another farm system transfer portal receiver... :lol: :smh:
Oh he’s going to exploit the rules until they change them for sure

It's a top 10 job and up to that point he couldn't get hired at a mid tier P5. Like USC when he got it, it's one of those jobs most people only get one opportunity at and can't really say no to. He was blessed with the chance to coach at 2 such jobs, despite his past personal problems. I don't blame him.

On a bright side, I really do believe he's sober this time, so I believe he's in a better space to work through it.

Quietly I think he would have been smarter to show up day 1, reject the eyes of texas bull**** to ephasize it's his program now, and just instill that Pete Carroll "Hollywood but disciplined and tough" culture like he sort of did year 1 at UW. Right now it sounds like he's just letting boosters and top recruits and their families determine how things will be run. It's a recipe for failure.

Sark was never going to have enough juice coming into Texas to do that even if he wanted to.

There’s only a handful coaches out there honestly who could have enough to pull to keep everyone one in-line, and until Texas gets one of those guys I don’t think they’ll ever get it together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom