OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over 1000 players currently in the transfer portal and only a week left. Gonna be a busy week

I think players only need to notify their current teams/enter the portal by May 1. There are gonna be guys transferring up to the start of fall camp (and probably even after.)

I think players only need to notify their current teams/enter the portal by May 1. There are gonna be guys transferring up to the start of fall camp (and probably even after.)
Correct. As long as they enter the portal by May 1st, they avoid the mandatory regulation of sitting out one year of competition and losing a year of eligibility. If they’re in before 5/1 they’re free to transfer without penalty as long as they haven’t used their one-time transfer yet (and I assume a grad transfer exemption still applies here).

The dates always seem like a sticky situation to me though, and I haven’t read deep enough or gotten my lawyer buddy’s interpretation on this…but the bylaws say the school has 48 hours to actually enter the player into the portal…so is the date based on when the player requests or when the school actually inputs the player?

Correct. As long as they enter the portal by May 1st, they avoid the mandatory regulation of sitting out one year of competition and losing a year of eligibility. If they’re in before 5/1 they’re free to transfer without penalty as long as they haven’t used their one-time transfer yet (and I assume a grad transfer exemption still applies here).

The dates always seem like a sticky situation to me though, and I haven’t read deep enough or gotten my lawyer buddy’s interpretation on this…but the bylaws say the school has 48 hours to actually enter the player into the portal…so is the date based on when the player requests or when the school actually inputs the player?
I'm guessing the date they request. Plus you can also apply for a waiver anyway, even if you miss that date.

this is unfortunately but it's hard for me to feel even in an ounce of sympathy. The issues facing college sports would be resolved if schools recognized collegiate athletes as employees and allowed them to unionize.

The issue with college sports now is that colleges and coaches are trying to control collegiate athletes as though they were employees without recognizing them as employees. If they were employees, College coaches would be able to have more control than they do now.

Because pro sports recognizes their athletes as employees and the players are part of a union, they are able to agree upon a league calendar, free agency/transfer periods, etc thus increasing the quality of life for pro coaches.

But of course college coaches and administrators would never want to recognize collegiate athletes as employees so they will continue to make their lives hard.

The interesting think about NIL is that we're learning just how much money there was in college sports. I remember before NIL came into existe there were people saying "these individual players aren't worth that much" and "only a handful of guys will make any money"

Last edited:
The interesting think about NIL is that we're learning just how much money there was in college sports. I remember before NIL came into existe there were people saying "these individual players aren't worth that much" and "only a handful of guys will make any money"

Right? It’s almost like the players are the ones actually driving revenue at schools and not egotistical douches like Dabo!

The Ewers D riding this year is gonna be unbearable, huh?

Sark thinks he's slick going 1s v 2s. I'm just watching these broken tackles and stuffed runs like "so you have no depth?"

Sark thinks he's slick going 1s v 2s. I'm just watching these broken tackles and stuffed runs like "so you have no depth?"
Protecting the offensive line, too. :lol:

By every report they’re still a complete train wreck up front.

And yeah, the Ewers stuff is gonna be a massive eye roll.

We will have our struggles this year. Our OL was left empty after the last staff. I see 8-4 as the ceiling and 6-6 as worse. We have 6 freshmen OL and they won't cut it in year 1. Ewers will be ok but struggle I'm sure we will switch QBs like last year. If we can get average OL play our offense will be very good. Too many weapons not to be.

353D99F5-523C-4853-B93D-2FF03C32E067.jpeg

N41D N41D Another one. No idea if this kid is good or not either :lol:

USC be on some goofy **** with Texas kids.

But Lincoln should have some connections here and hired a few guys that recruited the state at previous stops so I can’t imagine they can’t play.

witnesskb24 witnesskb24 Just saw safety, Bryson Shaw, transferred to us from Ohio State. He was your starting strong safety last year?

Yeah he filled in after the Oregon game when Proctor broke his leg. He played pretty well actually. I’m not sure if he would’ve been starting this coming year or not with Proctor coming back as well as Ronnie Hickman. Grinch was a big part of his recruitment so I’m not too shocked he went to you guys.

He’s right but they need to just shut up about Lincoln.

From the outside it looks like their undermining Venables with their lack of belief in him over the constant *****ing and moaning over their ex, even if it’s not the case.

Privately Venables cannot be happy about this.

Last edited:
It looks that way because THEY DONT believe in Venables. :lol: :lol:

I get that sense too, but why?

He’s the best candidate they realistically could have gotten and his DC tenure wasn’t nearly as bad as they made it out to be at the time. Stoops scapegoated him.

I get that sense too, but why?

He’s the best candidate they realistically could have gotten and his DC tenure wasn’t nearly as bad as they made it out to be at the time. Stoops scapegoated him.
Because he isn't a winning head coach. So they're betting on unproven goods. Doesn't mean he won't be a good HC (I think he'll be fine) but they're talking about prospective national titles and being better prepared for the SEC, when he was the DC of a more talented than OU basically-SEC team that gave up 91 points in its last two playoff games.

Their anger at USC isn't JUST about Lincoln Riley, but it's an identity war thing and their inferiority complex in all things that have to do with them vs. perceived coastal elites. Oklahoma's a state that feels like it's often looked down upon by others and this is another example. (Remember how angry they got when KD left for GSW?) Every time Lincoln posts a beach pic or talks about living in paradise or USC's potential they take it as a personal affront. Not because he's saying anything about THEM but it's how it makes them feel.

Also, I think I posted this in here, though it may have been during Mamba's usc-talk embargo, but Riley was trying to hire Venables as the DC/asst-hc at USC. I read there was an initial agreement and specifics they were working out.

And then days later OU's admin rushed to hire Venables as their next HC without contacting anyone else. The haste was due partly because they needed post-Riley-departure damage control, but also as a **** you to USC, and the hopes the "one-of-us"ness of it would help them sell him as an upgrade and better cultural fit than Riley the outsider.

OU fans are hurt on the inside because of the departure of Riley and Williams going with him. They are telling themselves that it was a better move. But if you go back to when BV was the DC they wanted him gone. Now they are acting like he is the savior. I think they will take a step back but not a Texas step back. They are not really in contention with the top players in the state as before.

Kirk suffering from blood clots. Was unable to call our spring game last week and is going to miss the draft because of it.

Deplorables claiming it’s because he’s vaxxed :lol:

Because he isn't a winning head coach. So they're betting on unproven goods. Doesn't mean he won't be a good HC (I think he'll be fine) but they're talking about prospective national titles and being better prepared for the SEC, when he was the DC of a more talented than OU basically-SEC team that gave up 91 points in its last two playoff games.

Their anger at USC isn't JUST about Lincoln Riley, but it's an identity war thing and their inferiority complex in all things that have to do with them vs. perceived coastal elites. Oklahoma's a state that feels like it's often looked down upon by others and this is another example. (Remember how angry they got when KD left for GSW?) Every time Lincoln posts a beach pic or talks about living in paradise or USC's potential they take it as a personal affront. Not because he's saying anything about THEM but it's how it makes them feel.
100 spot on. I live in a fly over state, KS and specifically here in KC I have never been around so many people who feel the need to validate the city and its value to EVERYONE.

At least we have KC. Folks in Oklahoma have nothing and I have found that they think of themselves as more Southern than they do Midwestern. A weird state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom