OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time since he was at Utah that he hasn't had an overwhelming talent advantage. It's going to be interesting to see how he responds but I imagine he's going to respond with another "heart attack"
I don't believe Urban has ever really called plays or really had a scheme that was HIS. He's a recruiter and motivator/CEO type.

In an environment where his motivation style is scoffed at, and he has to work within a salary cap and can't just go out and recruit the 20 best available players in his conference every year, IDK how successful he can be. If anything he's at a disadvantage because it's going to be difficult to get premier free agents to commit to playing in jacksonville for any significant amount of time.

It's interesting because rumor is Urban talked about NIL being a reason for his choosing the NFL over college, but the NFL is just NIL with a bunch of people who make more than him.

11?

Sheeeeeeet.gif

he bout 25

I don't believe Urban has ever really called plays or really had a scheme that was HIS. He's a recruiter and motivator/CEO type.

In an environment where his motivation style is scoffed at, and he has to work within a salary cap and can't just go out and recruit the 20 best available players in his conference every year, IDK how successful he can be. If anything he's at a disadvantage because it's going to be difficult to get premier free agents to commit to playing in jacksonville for any significant amount of time.

It's interesting because rumor is Urban talked about NIL being a reason for his choosing the NFL over college, but the NFL is just NIL with a bunch of people who make more than him.

Meyer was at the forefront of the spread revolution in the early 2000’s, he’s mentioned before that during his time at ND they had wingback types that were held back by Lou Holtz’s option offense which is why he started looking at the one back stuff that places like Wazzu were running and started theorizing if he could run a option offense from the gun using 11 personnel.

He’s never called plays but I think he’s always had a offensive identity, Harbaugh is similar in that way.

Meyer was at the forefront of the spread revolution in the early 2000’s, he’s mentioned before that during his time at ND they had wingback types that were held back by Lou Holtz’s option offense which is why he started looking at the one back stuff that places like Wazzu were running and started theorizing if he could run a option offense from the gun using 11 personnel.

He’s never called plays but I think he’s always had a offensive identity, Harbaugh is similar in that way.
Yeah I get that. What I meant is at Utah he claimed to have sort of invented the RPO running that spread option. At UF he went to sort of a power spread that evolved at Ohio State with Herman, but then with Day turned into a more pass heavy spread. You’ve never really seen him say this is what my teams do and stick to that system year after year.

But you know I’m not a football X and o guy so my perception could totally be off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom