Official 2021 Boxing Thread: 11/6 - Canelo Alvarez vs. Caleb Plant SHO PPV

Out of curiosity, what is canelo's signature win of his career so far?

Non controversial of course.

Solid question, never really thought about that.

GGG fights were definitely controversial. Same with the Lara and Trout fights.

Khan and all the other little guys he fought that moved up to 154 don't matter.

Kovalev was at the end of his career and had a quick turnaround from that Yarde fight.

Cotto was a blown up welterweight fighting at 155 at the end of his career.

I'm gonna say Danny Jacobs, BJS, Caleb Plant and Callum Smith are his best non-controversial wins. Solid for sure but nothing amazing when you really think about it. Beating GGG clean would've been that career defining win but we know how that went.

He did enough in the second GGG fight that you can give him the win. I had that fight as either a close Canelo W or a draw and I’m a GGG fan. The jab was not nearly as effective as it was in the first fight for GGG.

Solid question, never really thought about that.

GGG fights were definitely controversial. Same with the Lara and Trout fights.

Khan and all the other little guys he fought that moved up to 154 don't matter.

Kovalev was at the end of his career and had a quick turnaround from that Yarde fight.

Cotto was a blown up welterweight fighting at 155 at the end of his career.

I'm gonna say Danny Jacobs, BJS, Caleb Plant and Callum Smith are his best non-controversial wins. Solid for sure but nothing amazing when you really think about it. Beating GGG clean would've been that career defining win but we know how that went.
I would say BJS for sure. Saunders wasn't winning but he was definitely in it and Canelo landed about as perfect an uppercut that's ever been thrown to break his eye socket. But I suppose that can be attributed to him as his most signature punch and not necessarily his most signature win.

Hats off and much respect to anyone who can efficiently switch stance no matter who he/she fights ……that being said , looking to see the best fight out of Bud this weekend in a win

Last edited:
Canelo just padding his legacy on paper jumping to cruiserweight to fight a bum. He clear out 168, so go clear out 175. Smith, Bivol, zurdo, berbitev, but he won’t do it, because he’s scared to lose there.

I am still waiting on Canelo signature win… someone give me one 😅😅😅

canelo is lucky Ward or RJJ are retired. he would get worked. Sheesh even money may still beats this Canelo now 😅😅😅
RJJ would have gotten washed with an extra rinse cycle

I thought when Cinnamon moved up to 168 that Ward would maybe come out of retirement but that ship has sailed

Yea prime RJJ’s athleticism would have given Canelo a lot of problems :lol:

Calzaghe would have been a tough matchup too.

I think ward is done for good unfortunately... he doesn't look like the type to retire and come back a few years later similar to Floyd... I just wanted to see him beat up GGG really lol

on another note kinda hyped for this porter vs Crawford matchup... I see Crawford winning by decision but hopefully it's interesting... I don't think Crawford dominates like he usually does due to a step up in competition with porter

RJJ would have gotten washed with an extra rinse cycle

nicholas-cage-funny.gif

You went full ******. Never go full ******.

Outside of Sugar Ray Robinson, RJJ was the most physically gifted fighter I have ever seen. It was amazing to see a guy his size move like a lightweight around the ring.

🤷‍♂️

I’m not talking about a prime RJJ…I’m talking about an old washed 2018 RJJ fighting journey men

Christ, cinnamon didn’t even have cinnamon on his nuts yet when RJJ entered his prime

anyways, yungmatt yungmatt

1F83CEE3-0DDC-414E-92C7-881B7F08A847.gif

Last edited:
I admit I never heard of this dude .. but he looks like he can take a punch and his style seems to fit Canelo’s liking. Someone that won’t run.

I admit I never heard of this dude .. but he looks like he can take a punch and his style seems to fit Canelo’s liking. Someone that won’t run.

Built like a tank, can take a licking, constantly pressing forward, defense is nearly nonexistent, very heavy handed, fires off a high amount of power punches, but not very fast or slick. He reminds me of Brandon Rios.

I think ward is done for good unfortunately... he doesn't look like the type to retire and come back a few years later similar to Floyd... I just wanted to see him beat up GGG really lol

on another note kinda hyped for this porter vs Crawford matchup... I see Crawford winning by decision but hopefully it's interesting... I don't think Crawford dominates like he usually does due to a step up in competition with porter
If Kell brook could dominate porter and stay on the outside all night I dont see bud struggling to leverage a big reach advantage and hurting porter as he attempts to close the gap.

I'd be surprised if this goes 8 honestly.

It's only fun bc of porters desire to fight in a phone booth. Bud is good enough to oblige and more then deliver

Prime ward makes light work of Canelo

Back
Top Bottom