Official 2021 Boxing Thread: 11/6 - Canelo Alvarez vs. Caleb Plant SHO PPV

canelo started at 147 has held belts at 154, 160, 168.

how would ward have faired at 175 and 200?
He surely wouldn’t be able to clinch, wrestle, and foul his way to a snooze fest decision against bigger and better dudes

He surely wouldn’t be able to clinch, wrestle, and foul his way to a snooze fest decision against bigger and better dudes

Usyk fought at 165 as an amateur. What usyk has done/is doing is way more impressive than what canelo has done/is doing. Hes just happens to be ukranian and isnt pushed and marketed the way canelo is🤷🏿‍♂️.

Also, let's not forget that clenbuterol is used to raise your metabolism, keep muscle mass, and cut weight and body fat all at the same time. I certainly dont believe that canelo was a first time user to piss dirty before the golovkin rematch and then just so happen to never fight at 160 again🤷🏿‍♂️

RJJ would have gotten washed with an extra rinse cycle

5D2A7DAA-C75D-4F51-B98F-ED6235228BAF.gif

Canelo ain’t touching, prime Ward, Prime GGG or prime Hopkins. He would get smash by prime RJJ. RJJ was top 5 off all time in my opinion. Not many would be able to beat RJJ at his peak.

Toney my favorite fighter of all time to study . He and Canelo at 168 would have been sick. Both got the head movement and countering skills but gotta give Toney the edge in hand speed

This is a wild take considering that most of those fights you reference for Canelo were at catchweights meant to benefit him. This pattern continues with him wanting to go after the cruiserweight belt

Yes Canelo is on top of the sport.

Ward on the other hand won gold and was far from a household name and walked through plenty of favored opposition. He wasnt a cherry picker

Wards wins over kovalev are way more impressive then any opposition Canelo has had to face in his career to this point

Kovalev was the monster in the division until ward came along.

I'd even argue that prior to the Mayweather fight Canelo wasnt all that exciting of a fighter. It took that school lesson L and shutout to give us this version you see today who still hunts easy targets that align with his style.

Ward and Canelo ain't the same.

Ward could have never become as big of a superstar as Canelo. However, his career was mismanaged when he had the most momentum. He could have made major $ and gained more notoriety by fighting Bute, Groves, Shabransky. Hindsight is 20/20 and all of them got exposed. But the opportunity was there and Ward didn't take it. Instead he chose to sit out for 2 years.

If Kell brook could dominate porter and stay on the outside all night I dont see bud struggling to leverage a big reach advantage and hurting porter as he attempts to close the gap.

I'd be surprised if this goes 8 honestly.

It's only fun bc of porters desire to fight in a phone booth. Bud is good enough to oblige and more then deliver

Prime ward makes light work of Canelo

you know what your right... i forgot bud has a big reach advantage <pause> and thats what makes him comparable to floyd not same legacy obviously but floyd always had a reach advantage on his opponents

This is a wild take considering that most of those fights you reference for Canelo were at catchweights meant to benefit him. This pattern continues with him wanting to go after the cruiserweight belt

Yes Canelo is on top of the sport.

Ward on the other hand won gold and was far from a household name and walked through plenty of favored opposition. He wasnt a cherry picker

Wards wins over kovalev are way more impressive then any opposition Canelo has had to face in his career to this point

Kovalev was the monster in the division until ward came along.

I'd even argue that prior to the Mayweather fight Canelo wasnt all that exciting of a fighter. It took that school lesson L and shutout to give us this version you see today who still hunts easy targets that align with his style.

Ward and Canelo ain't the same.
Also, Ward won the Super 6 tournament that fielded Carl Froch, Mikkel Kessler, Arthur Abraham, Andre Dirrell, Allan Green, Jermain Taylor, and Glen Johnson.

For some reason I’m leaning towards Porter tonight. Crawford level of opposition has been lacking at 147. He fought Jeff Horn and a one legged Benavidez , and he struggled with Benavidez. I can see Porter coming in the ring close to 170 and roughing up Crawford. I remember in the Amateurs Porter fought at 165 and Crawford fought at 135 in the National tournaments.

Crawford is the ultimate competitor. He will do whatever it takes to win and make a statement. All that friend stuff went out the window.

its all about matchups.... even errol couldnt KO porter... he got a knockdown but it went 12 rounds... i think crawford will win easily by decision... id like to see a KO but for some reason i dont see it happening...

I don't see Bud knocking him out tonight. Throughly outclass him and get a UD yeah.

For some reason I’m leaning towards Porter tonight. Crawford level of opposition has been lacking at 147. He fought Jeff Horn and a one legged Benavidez , and he struggled with Benavidez. I can see Porter coming in the ring close to 170 and roughing up Crawford. I remember in the Amateurs Porter fought at 165 and Crawford fought at 135 in the National tournaments.

Maybe if the ring magically shrunk and Crawford's arms got a lot shorter. He's getting tagged on the outside and countered for 10+ rounds tonight.

Back
Top Bottom