Official 2021 Boxing Thread: 11/6 - Canelo Alvarez vs. Caleb Plant SHO PPV

this was cool at first, getting more eyes on the sport. But what irritates me is this dude is gonna get another bunch of fights after this, all with bigger paydays than the tanks,charlos, etc. Like why even be a legitimate boxer at this point..

I know I sound like a salty oldhead.. this is 2021 I guess.

The best MMA fighters are wrestlers, including Woodley when he was a top-level fighter. Very few MMA guys stand up and box.
AA3C1F13-E7B4-4214-B538-74B6EFD5DE8E.gif

this was cool at first, getting more eyes on the sport. But what irritates me is this dude is gonna get another bunch of fights after this, all with bigger paydays than the tanks,charlos, etc. Like why even be a legitimate boxer at this point..

I’d be with you on that IF the guys you mentioned were actually fighting the best instead of tomato cans. How have we not gotten Spence/Crawford by now? :smh:

That doesn't mean **** when you've fought everyone except a boxer.
I didn't say he's the next heavyweight champ. :lol:

Imo unless you're willing to go 8 rounds with Tyrone Woodley I don't really know how you can hate on the kid.

He's working hard at a very dangerous sport, props to him.

Jake Paul knows better than to fight Canelo

he’s been talking trash and challenging him and thats a huge payday so if dude says yes, i am pretty sure he’d take it

logan might also be talking bug be ause he know canelo isnt going to ever say yes

Maybe those dudes need to learn the money game more than the fight game. Quit being taken advantage of

I understand the hate and the “disrespecting the sport” talk but the sport has disrespected its fighters for long enough. Dudes walking away with belts and no checks for the brain damage they’re getting. These guys need to wise up already

I didnt catch the full fight but I saw Jake went flying through the ropes. They didnt count that as a Knockdown?

I didnt catch the full fight but I saw Jake went flying through the ropes. They didnt count that as a Knockdown?

This.

Ropes prevent you from falling still equals a knockdown. MFer even grabbed them to pull himself up when he got rocked into the ropes.

Back
Top Bottom