Official 2021 Boxing Thread: 11/6 - Canelo Alvarez vs. Caleb Plant SHO PPV

thats how you promote a FIGHT lol

Aint saw promotion for a fight like this since Charlo vs Harrison pt 2.

I almost feel like Canelo gonna be able to stop Plant inside 5 but wants to punish him and knock him out cold like Khan :lol: . Stoppage and breaking his face wont be enough for Canelo like he did BJS

Yeah I can't be mad at Plant. I'd be more surprised if Canelo was found to be 100% clean than the other way around, that Reynoso gym is looking super suspect right about now.

The skills are undeniable but steroids are the elephant in the room that the whole boxing industry is basically ignoring because he's the guy right now.

Yeah I can't be mad at Plant. I'd be more surprised if Canelo was found to be 100% clean than the other way around, that Reynoso gym is looking super suspect right about now.

The skills are undeniable but steroids are the elephant in the room that the whole boxing industry is basically ignoring because he's the guy right now.

All facts

I just assume everyone juicing.

I would think a 100% CLEAN fighter would be in the MINORITY in todays landscape.

Supposedly its still so easy to evade tests and mask your results, regardless of the testing authority.

Innovation regarding dosing and evasion are constantly on the cutting edge of the performance enhancement industry while detection and testing is literally always 1 or 2 steps behind.

Nah for sure I couldn't necessarily put it past anyone, but you can at least suspend disbelief in a lot of cases

But between Canelo popping and going on to knock out light heavies and bust dudes eye sockets out, and his boy popping right after beating the brakes off Berchelt, they're looking particularly funny right now.

I agree. I'm actually starting to like plant. I'm a fan of anyone who tells the truth. We gotta stop ignoring the fact that canelo is a drug cheat.
Caleb actually got skills… he hasn’t fought big names yet but if you’re a student of the game, you can see he knows distance, got a good jab, decent defense. He doesn’t have much power but he makes up for it with timing. With the way he moves, he probably studies guys like Floyd, Roy or James Toney (though I seen that vid with Toney giving him advice and he totally ignores him lol)

That said Canelo might still eventually get him with a body shot in the later rounds

Caleb actually got skills… he hasn’t fought big names yet but if you’re a student of the game, you can see he knows distance, got a good jab, decent defense. He doesn’t have much power but he makes up for it with timing. With the way he moves, he probably studies guys like Floyd, Roy or James Toney (though I seen that vid with Toney giving him advice and he totally ignores him lol)

That said Canelo might still eventually get him with a body shot in the later rounds
I’ve been specifically working on my left body hook after revisiting canelo’s fights from the angle of someone training. His left body hook is insane.

Caleb Plant is gonna get dog walked down something bad. He literally has no power or pop and breaks his hands all the time. He's not as nice as people are making him out to be. ANY of the top guys within the division stop him. This is what we call being at the right place at the right time and it just so happens that Plant has that belt that Canelo needs so he gets the shine and money. He literally hit the lotto....Caleb is what we call an average fighter.

Nothing more than that :lol:

Canelo with a tutorial

That bread and butter man. Go head or body.. whichever lands, go the other way once he starts looking to defend one way.

I’ve been working on my jab, hook. Because it’s the same arm it takes a bit of energy to make it fluid. Very satisfying if you can get it down though because most are waiting for a right hand after that jab.

That bread and butter man. Go head or body.. whichever lands, go the other way once he starts looking to defend one way.

I’ve been working on my jab, hook. Because it’s the same arm it takes a bit of energy to make it fluid. Very satisfying if you can get it down though because most are waiting for a right hand after that jab.

so to do that, assuming you and your sparring partner are orthodox, you’d step in with your left foot, outside your opponent’s right shoulder while jabbing his right hand ..getting him to parry your jab, leaving his head open for your hook. Your right shoulder would be square for a moment while pushing off with your right foot like you’d throw a right… but that will give you the leverage and angle to throw that left hook to the head..

Caleb Plant is gonna get dog walked down something bad. He literally has no power or pop and breaks his hands all the time. He's not as nice as people are making him out to be. ANY of the top guys within the division stop him. This is what we call being at the right place at the right time and it just so happens that Plant has that belt that Canelo needs so he gets the shine and money. He literally hit the lotto....Caleb is what we call an average fighter.

Nothing more than that :lol:
I’m thinking it’s gonna be similar to the Khan fight .. Caleb will pitty-pat, land some clean shots early … then Canelo will eventually catch him with that body shot

I got AJ TKO 8. Usyk has some success boxing early but the size and the power eventually become too much.

Well I hope he looks better in the ring that he did on the streets cause Canelo avoided an unexpected punch and counter with an open hand slap that had Caleb dizzy.

Brutal KO from Callum Smith. Hope Castillo is ok. His entire body was trembling on the floor

Back
Top Bottom