OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between players who have opted out, left, or would have been out due to contact tracing they would have been down to 44 scholarship players last week

Have you heard any rumblings of them shutting it down for the year? Someone on another board said he’s heard they may call it. I guess after this cancellation all they had left were the two make up games correct?

I think they're going to do all they can to get games rescheduled for 12/12 and 12/19 but I doubt that it happens & wouldn't be surprised if they shut it down.

Would be a fitting end for the worst senior class in modern FSU history

If college had a one and done who are some players that y’all think would’ve been league ready after one year?

If college had a one and done who are some players that y’all think would’ve been league ready after one year?

There's a difference between getting drafted high and being NFL ready. Trevor Lawrence would've been a top 10 pick after his freshman season, same with Stingley but neither would actually be NFL ready after their first year.

The position that translates most easily to the NFL is running back or defensive line. Adrian Peterson, Todd Gurley, Jonathan Taylor, Darren McFadden, Nick Chubb come to mind as players who would've been good NFL players after one year of college

Yeah, Herman has lost this Texas team

The Horns 247 writers really jumped through hoops to avoid saying "he doesn't like Herman."

"It's not fair or accurate to say Sterns is completely sour on the program (he really liked playing for Chris Ash, we're told), but a lot of the issues Sterns had go back to his injuries."

"The second part of the issue is when he was out, it was said that he and the staff (not the coaches per se) disagreed on his recovery plan. That was a case where Sterns and some members of the staff (not Craig Naivar, who Sterns loved playing for) simply didn't see eye to eye."

Watch Dwan bout to go on somewhere and tear it up, repeat situation of Fields :stoneface:

Nah, D'wan is buns. Great comeback story, just being able to play college football after his brain surgery but he's not a D-1 QB. He can't even get the basics down. He can't get the offense set without getting penalties, he doesn't understand down and distance. This is all before he even tried to throw a pass.

He should consider a position change. Can't fault him for transferring to a place where he can get some playing time. Wish him luck

tenor.gif

Nah, D'wan is buns. Great comeback story, just being able to play college football after his brain surgery but he's not a D-1 QB. He can't even get the basics down. He can't get the offense set without getting penalties, he doesn't understand down and distance. This is all before he even tried to throw a pass.

He should consider a position change. Can't fault him for transferring to a place where he can get some playing time. Wish him luck
That was game 1... He's taken snaps since then right?

That was game 1... He's taken snaps since then right?

He took snaps in the Florida game and went4 for 13 with a QBR of 16. Who knows, he could go to another school and light it up, but I doubt it. With JT Daniels cementing himself as the starter for the remainder of this season, and likely next season, and a five-star freshman coming in next year I think D'wan saw the writing on the wall. There's really not a path to him starting anymore at Georgia.

This might be a nitpick but Mathis had the worst body language of any QB I've ever seen. He always walked around with his shoulders slumped and his head down. Every time he made a mistake he just threw his hands up like "whatever". Maybe that's just his personality but it's certainly didn't engender confidence.

Agreed. I just made that comment for the hell of it since someone else was leaving.

Our team this year fell off the cliff compared to the previous 2 :sick:

Agreed. I just made that comment for the hell of it since someone else was leaving.

Our team this year fell off the cliff compared to the previous 2 :sick:

It all comes down to QB play. I think our new offensive coordinator has schemed up some excellent plays and he does a good job of play calling We just didn't have a QB that could execute until last week lol. We have talented receivers who have been running around wide open, Bennett just couldn't get the job done. I'm not sure if we beat Alabama or Florida with JT Daniels but I'm pretty sure we would have had a better shot.

Texas board claiming that Urban Meyer is going to be announced as HC on Friday. Their fanbase is HYPED.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom