OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simmons and Wiltfong are saying that Gus Malzahn was fired primarily because of recruiting issues and losing out on kids to all their competitors, that it wasn't so much on field concerns. They want to hire a big time recruiter.

:emoji_eyes:
Auburn's guys are saying they can't afford to spend 22 mill on a buyout for Malzahn and then 8 mill on Mario's buyout, then spend big on a staff around him. You can't wish him out of the Pac 12 :lol:

5th best class in the Pac12 baby

45e.jpg

Auburn's guys are saying they can't afford to spend 22 mill on a buyout for Malzahn and then 8 mill on Mario's buyout, then spend big on a staff around him. You can't wish him out of the Pac 12 :lol:

I thought I read that donors/boosters covered the buyout?

I thought I read that donors/boosters covered the buyout?
That’s typically how it goes when they want to get rid of someone, no? They’re going to cough up 8Mill more before they even get to the contract and staff/resources negotiations? Is Mario Cristobal even worth all of that?

That’s typically how it goes when they want to get rid of someone, no? They’re going to cough up 8Mill more before they even get to the contract and staff/resources negotiations? Is Mario Cristobal even worth all of that?
His base salary next year was set to be $2.7M and it was the last year of his contract. I don't see how the buyout COULD be $8M.

"We seem to get a lot of rumors at this time of the year. This is what I can say. I haven't been contacted, but I don't know if my agent has," said Mario Cristobal.

" trust Phil Knight, I trust Rob Mullens. I trust our administration and I trust people here at Oregon. As you guys know, we have been working on something when the pandemic first hit and things kind of stalled and things have picked back up.

"I've always been transparent with every single one of you and I will continue to do that. Hopefully, in the next couple of days, there's more stuff to talk about as it relates to that," said Cristobal. "That in itself right there hopefully explained to you exactly where things are with me."

Last edited:
Speeeeeeed. Love him. Mad A&M offered and never pushed. He’s great.

Alabama is full. Figured Terrion Arnold was going there. Florida?
Arnold has been leaning to Florida for a bit now now. Wonder if UGA can pull him though since he’s signing late and they landed Sorey.

His base salary next year was set to be $2.7M and it was the last year of his contract. I don't see how the buyout COULD be $8M
I’m just basing this off of what the Auburn guys are saying. Mario sounds like a guy who is consistently mentioned more by fans on message boards than actually by decision makers for these jobs.

I mean I said earlier I don’t think he’s all that (personally) but I guess he can recruit pretty well is what I believe nako xl nako xl said. Auburn apparently wants someone who can recruit well

Is the current state of Auburn worth leaving Oregon for?

I’m just basing this off of what the Auburn guys are saying. Mario sounds like a guy who is consistently mentioned more by fans on message boards than actually by decision makers for these jobs.
(ACC/SEC fan voice) That's just the kind of smoke screen I'd want to lay if the plan was for him to be the next Head Coach! I'm sure he's already texting recruits behind the scenes telling them to get ready for change! I wonder if he'll bring Graham Harrell and Kyle Whittingham with him??

I mean I said earlier I don’t think he’s all that (personally) but I guess he can recruit pretty well is what I believe nako xl nako xl said. Auburn apparently wants someone who can recruit well

Is the current state of Auburn worth leaving Oregon for?
Do you need a HC who recruits well for optimal recruiting success? Just give him a staff full of monster recruiters and have a guy who can actually coach.

I’d absolutely stay at Oregon if I were him. If he can use this to get more money and resources from Oregon, why compete against Bama, UGA and UF every year when Oregon has pretty much been the best team in the PAC 12 the last decade? He should be able to make the CFP their easily tbh.

Speeeeeeed. Love him. Mad A&M offered and never pushed. He’s great.

Alabama is full. Figured Terrion Arnold was going there. Florida?

I think Bama can sign 26 and right now they’re sitting at 23 signees + 1 yet to sign (JUCO)

Bama stealing Jojo Earle and convinced him to sign today. :lol: :wow:

Hall, Brooks, Earle and Leary... WOOF.
It’s like Saban just didn’t have enough fun with a WR room of Jeudy, Riggs, Waddle and Smith. Add those 4 to another year of Metchie and everybody else on campus. Yikes.

:emoji_thinking: Devil's advocate: Ohio State played 5 games, didn't win their division, and has played one team with a winning record -- a 1 TD win.

why, because thats been his track record or because Miami has better QB's?
A bit of both. I think TVD has a good shot at beating him out. And I think he’ll transfer if he loses a battle with a kid one year ahead of him, especially with the transfer rule changing.

:emoji_thinking: Devil's advocate: Ohio State played 5 games, didn't win their division, and has played one team with a winning record -- a 1 TD win.

Except they did win their division, even if they played another game and lost they’d still own the head to head over indiana

Have said all along OSU doesn’t deserve to be in, BUT if we are going to be playing devils advocate:

USC has played 5 games with 0 against ranked teams and 0 against teams with winning records.

A 1 point come from behind win against 1-2 Arizona State

A 4 point win against 0-5 Arizona (who had like 70 dropped on them)

A 5 point come from behind win against 3-3 UCLA

Their other 2 wins against a 2-2 Utah team and a 1-2 Washington state team.

*shrug*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom