OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notre Dame still belongs in the CFP. I detest the program and never liked them beyond the gold helmets but, they at least should be 4

Last edited:
Just curious, what was the mismanagement against A&M? That interception leading to our game winning FG seemed like a fluke and not something Florida should have “handled better” as you say.
I was referring more to the fact that Florida came in with a higher rank and was the favorite (although I just checked and it was only by a td). The offense was rolling, we had a legit heisman contender, best TE in the nation, etc.

Big IFs there, but y’all lost to one of the worst LSU teams of all time last week. Did you forget that?

Try and keep up the hypothetical I was talking about was if they had beat LSU last week and had the same result from last night a close game with Bama which nobody else had done.

And we actually did keep up with Bama. Just FYI.

Yesterday’s game was weird.

The final score was close and it sort of was back and forth (though after the second Bama TD, UF was chasing points the rest of the game) but at no point did it ever feel like the eventual outcome was in question. After that Metchie hit stick forced fumble, UF never had the momentum. Yeah they kept it close but it never FELT like they were a threat to win. There was never any real tension or drama. You knew Bama could have scored every time they had the ball if they wanted. It really felt like they took their foot off the gas in the 2nd half.

It never felt like a true shootout.

I didn’t watch any of the game but I saw the score and Bama was out big but it ended closely, was it garbage time TDs to make it close or was it competitive till the end?

Was at the in laws and missed it all :smh:

I didn’t watch any of the game but I saw the score and Bama was out big but it ended closely, was it garbage time TDs to make it close or was it competitive till the end?

Was at the in laws and missed it all :smh:
Honestly it was mostly UF being down 2 scores and then cutting it to a one score lead. They never led or really had you thinking they were going to win the game. Moral victories, SEC!, etc., I suppose.

There was never a point in that game where you thought “oh **** Florida is gonna go win this”...

They scored a bunch. But it was painfully obvious if Bama had to put the throttle back down, they could get whatever they wanted offensively whenever they needed it.

Kyle didn't even give it 12 hours. Good for him though. No need to risk injury in the cotton bowl or whatever

Pitts going to be elite at the next level. Gates 2.0. Forgot that Trask technically can come back, but it's Emory's time.

Yesterday’s game was weird.

The final score was close and it sort of was back and forth (though after the second Bama TD, UF was chasing points the rest of the game) but at no point did it ever feel like the eventual outcome was in question. After that Metchie hit stick forced fumble, UF never had the momentum. Yeah they kept it close but it never FELT like they were a threat to win. There was never any real tension or drama. You knew Bama could have scored every time they had the ball if they wanted. It really felt like they took their foot off the gas in the 2nd half.

It never felt like a true shootout.

to be fair to Florida, at 35-31 and a whole 4th quarter left that shhh felt tight as hell because Florida obviously had to fight back and it felt like they had momentum

but then Alabama went and scored a TD and Florida fumbled.. and Alabama scored a field goal (Florida lucky it wasn’t another TD)

Pitts going to be elite at the next level. Gates 2.0. Forgot that Trask technically can come back, but it's Emory's time.

i really hope couple other recent Florida TEs get studied when it comes to dude and he doesn’t get wasted in some offense because he’s labeled as a TE

but id say more the evolution of Shannon sharpe

Reactions: MVP
Try and keep up the hypothetical I was talking about was if they had beat LSU last week and had the same result from last night a close game with Bama which nobody else had done.

And we actually did keep up with Bama. Just FYI.
I’m glad you have your moral victory to keep you going today

Notre Dame LOL

Interested to hear the rationalization.

“We saw what happened when they played Clemson at full strength, but that limp away win over Clemson’s B team earlier this year has to count for something!”

We have way too many other more valuable spots to fill, but he would be a freaking amazing fit for the Cowboys.

Wouldn't mind this but defense is a more pressing issue.

Give me Surtain from Bama.

Hope Brian Kelly enjoys Notre Dame getting the skulldrug by Bama.....again in front of all those fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom