OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he was a Tennessee guy, but maybe you're right. Went to Furman.

Either way, something's gotta be off the reservation at Auburn. Getting shot down by the coach at ULL who isa true-blue SEC guy is... uh... not good.
They're going to hire Bill Clark or Kevin Steele and their fans are going to lose it :lol:

Feels good to have a program with no shot of getting into the playoffs. All of this doesn't matter to me.

i-dont-care-dance-gif.gif

You mean the 2 best coaches who consistently have 2 of the best recruiting classes every single year for the past decade are dominating? What a novel concept. They're haven't been dynasties before in the sport? Like what are y'all complaining about, Bama and Clemson don't deserve the cache they've built up in a sport that since it's hit the mainstream has ALWAYS been about brand equity? They're going out on the field and winning playing other good to great teams. Crying about a Cincy or UCF or whoever not getting a shot seems silly. A&M JUST got good this season, Oregon has wet the bed almost every time when given an opportunity to change the narrative (LSU, Auburn)., etc.

To be fair, Clemson, although I can’t stand their guts now, haven’t been recruiting in the Top 5 consistently until relatively recently. A decade ago, they were Top 15, fringe Top 10 and slowly made their into Top 5 the past 3-4 years after their success. People tend forget the Tigers got the brakes beat off of them by WVU in the Orange Bowl pretty bad. From my recollection (could be wrong here), I believe they wanted Dabo Luther King gone after the whoopin’.

What they did do extremely well was develop their 3 stars, had some skill players. and struck gold with Watson and Lawerence. No cap, the first time I saw Watson unleashed at Doak, I knew that kid was going to put Clemson over the top. The moment wasn’t too big for that kid and FSU was lucky to win that game. It was akin the BC game in ‘13 for FSU. I knew Mr Crab Legs himself was a dude and had “It” factor. It was the time I thought FSU could play for a National Championship that season.

Additionally, Clemson dumped money in the program and slapped FSU silly in the arms race. It was one Jimbo’s biggest concerns that Clemson was gonna lap the program. And he wasn’t wrong, Clemson pushed FSU’s **** in. Dabo is one of the biggest tools, but I’m sure most of us would love their success.

And to be honest, Dopey Dan scares me. That dude can score the damn football. I think he’s done a tremendous job in Hogtown. I need him to go to the NFL ...

Defense was only bad because your offense scored so much. Gotta give him another year under normal ball control circumstances.

This wasn't a 1 year thing. And no on the assessment overall.

Last edited:
3rd and Grantham means you’re damn sure getting the football back to your offense, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom