OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been lucky enough to see a couple Buckeye titles in my lifetime and watch them have pretty good success. I think I love CFB as a whole more than watching just my team if that makes sense. I don’t expect them to win a natty every year even though they start ranked up there. Folks who have that expectation are the same ones that live vicariously through the players and then lash out about them if they don’t, which unfortunately is a lot of my teams fan base

Like last night I had 0 expectation they were gonna beat Bama but it was cool to see them at least make it to the game. And even cooler that they finally got the Clemson monkey off their back because F*ck Dabo :pimp:

How are their fans of La Liga teams that aren't Madrid and Barcelona? You just have to love the game. My favorite team hasn't won a national championship in my lifetime but I still love college football.
laughing2.gif

I saw Sark's press conference.

Thought he looked good and I believe he's sober. Maybe this new lady in his life is what he needed.

Hope he succeeds big time. Ewers gotta be a lock. Just dont show up to his school in a Lambo like you did for DJ. And then peel out like a weirdo. Nobody was impressed. Maybe that will work in Texas?

I'm not worried about Sark at a press conference. I'm worried when they get beat by OU again and his players don't want to sing their racist school song.

Ratings are down big for all sports. There's too much real life stuff going on and people don't want the distraction of sports. Contrast this with record high cable news ratings. The real world is nuts.

20210113_065220.jpg

At the highest level, the product is as good as ever. These high scoring big games are way better than those low scoring, slugfests. Generally speaking people like more offense.

The issue with college football is that it's increasingly becoming a regional sport. Like I said earlier, there's a reason why USC versus Texas in 2005 is the highest rated college football game ever. Not only did it have huge star power, it was able to engage different parts of the country. We're effectively watching the same teams, from the same region of the country. On top of that, most of the top teams are from small rural cities.

If I'm on the West coast or up north, why would I watch a team from Alabama play a team from South Carolina, Louisiana every year?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom