OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a linebacker. He's always been a linebacker.

Anybody that was selling him on receiver should be fired and not allowed to consult kids on their football futures.
Bru could be difference maker at TE as well, but yea WR was never happening.

What... lol. He's going to play WR. And is doing well in camp thus far. Was also doing well at Texas.

Him being a better LB at the NFL doesn't mean he can't play WR at an elite level in college. I've seen his 1 on 1s at Texas and USC. He's Juju. Kind of how Juju probably projected better as a safety, Bru can still make the league as a WR.

He just could probably make more money as a LB.

Greg Biggins:

"Outstanding pass rusher who combines an explosive first step to get the edge with the power to bull rush a tackle or change direction and flashes a quick move to the inside. Plays the run very well and is comfortable in space or dropping back in to coverage," he wrote. "Where he plays in college will be interesting as he prefers receiver but might have more upside as a 3-4 outside ‘backer."

Last edited:
ITS TIME

162F0A82-A96A-44F5-ADA1-91B1701620F5_1_201_a.jpeg

Bru absolutely will be a WR.

I dont think he was anything great at LB. He was solid in high school but thats a whole other level.

Not to troll either, but Urban to Texas does not sound that crazy. Does anyone actually believe he's not going to come back at some point? The political hurdles that existed at SC are not going to be there at UT.
The political issues Texas is dealing with right now might be a bigger headache, in all honesty.
I’ve read enough stuff over years and i still believe to this day that Texas & Nick Saban was a done deal in 2013 & Mack blew it up. If they really want Urban then they should do whatever they can to get him. This is what a AD like CDC was brought in for.
I have a hard time believing it re: Saban, but maybe...

My thing with Urban is... I wonder if he's going to be willing to walk into a situation with as much inner turmoil as Texas is going through right now. He's a scumbag and he operates like a blatant scumbag and needs alignment up and down a program to keep things moving.
Demanded a season and caught it. LOL
Oh no... I wonder if his fever will get above 100.... :ohwell:

what's going on is they suck. Nothing more, nothing less.

and its safe to say Herman and crew will be gone.

The writing is definitely on the wall. They've lost almost alot of recruits in the last week. It's going to be interesting to see what direction they go in for their next coach.

The political issues Texas is dealing with right now might be a bigger headache, in all honesty.

I have a hard time believing it re: Saban, but maybe...

My thing with Urban is... I wonder if he's going to be willing to walk into a situation with as much inner turmoil as Texas is going through right now. He's a scumbag and he operates like a blatant scumbag and needs alignment up and down a program to keep things moving.

Oh no... I wonder if his fever will get above 100.... :ohwell:
I wonder how many people he spread it to that are susceptible to its effects. That’s a better question smartass

Isn’t Herman a known scumbag too? I’d imagine people get into line for one of the best HC’s ever to save their underachieving program.

Isn’t Herman a known scumbag too? I’d imagine people get into line for one of the best HC’s ever to save their underachieving program.

Exactly. This is major college football, programs will put up with almost anything as long as you're winning. Ohio State knew about Urban Meyer's scumbag tendencies while he was at Florida but still welcomed him with open arms. I expect University of Texas to do the exact same. He'll be teaching ethics courses in the offseason Like he did at Ohio State lol

I wonder how many people he spread it to that are susceptible to its effects. That’s a better question smartass
"Demanded a season and caught it LOL" doesn't exactly scream that was your primary concern.
Serious question: have you had Covid?
We've been over this a thousand times. We're quarantined and have been since March because of my wife's cystic fibrosis. If I caught it, I'd probably be fine. My wife, on the other hand, probably not. But we've had plenty of family and people close to us catch it.

People should make their own assessment of the risks and live their lives accordingly. For Trevor Lawrence, there's not much risk.

The math on this is relatively clear and consistent at this point for anyone under 60 and/or without a preexisting condition. If you've got a condition, you should probably still be quarantining.

If Urb was to take that Texas job I'm almost positive it would be his way 100% from coaching, donors, decision making, etc. 'Its my way or the high way.'

Finebaum, for once was spot on and essentially was a recap of what we all said in the last couple of pages. Nebraska isn't a blue blood, hasn't been for a very long time and will probably continue to be a middle of the road 4-5 win team in the Big 10.

"Demanded a season and caught it LOL" doesn't exactly scream that was your primary concern.

We've been over this a thousand times. We're quarantined and have been since March because of my wife's cystic fibrosis. If I caught it, I'd probably be fine. My wife, on the other hand, probably not. But we've had plenty of family and people close to us catch it.

People should make their own assessment of the risks and live their lives accordingly. For Trevor Lawrence, there's not much risk.

The math on this is relatively clear and consistent at this point for anyone under 60 and/or without a preexisting condition. If you've got a condition, you should probably still be quarantining.
You told us over the summer you were quarantining. Since then Texas has experienced a pretty significant outbreak so it was a legitimate question. I asked because, the "Oh no... I wonder if his fever will get above 100...." made me wonder if you or anyone you know had actually experienced it.

And yes, before we belabor the point, I realize that my perspective and experience with the disease is different than yours, probably because of where I'm from. No worries, we don't have to stick on the topic. I was just curious why covid downplaying seems to be a particular hill you've chosen to plant a flag on.

Not in 2017 he wasn't. Not really. His shadiness was very inside baseball. Remember, even, when Ed Oliver and others were upset with how he was leaving Houston and a lot of media folks rode out to defend him.

Not in 2017 he wasn't. Not really. His shadiness was very inside baseball. Remember, even, when Ed Oliver and others were upset with how he was leaving Houston and a lot of media folks rode out to defend him.
That seems to have played out in recruiting though. He’s not landing the elite kids from Houston and that’s arguably the best city for talent in the country. Media has their biases. They were all about Urban until the Zach Smith scandal. Thamel still is his mouthpiece. That’s all relationships.

You’re going through all that and still making light of the Covid situation? Lol, not much to discuss here. Some people don’t learn.

I don't really get why Paul is clowning Nebraska. Yes, they haven't been successful since joining the conference but what does that have to do with them playing UT Chattanooga? Their players want to play and their fans would like to see it. It's not their fault Wisconsin canceled on them. The UT Chattanooga players and staff have already taken and passed COVID tests so there's no additional risk involved in playing them

You’re going through all that and still making light of the Covid situation? Lol, not much to discuss here. Some people don’t learn.
Making light of it?

It's just become pretty definitive that unless you've got some sort of preexisting issue, it's not really a problem. Got nothing to do with downplaying it. People with health issues or that are constantly around people with health issues should be going out of their way to protect themselves.

Everyone else... It's just not a real threat.

I wonder if Urban would even want to deal with the boosters and all that **** on the Texas side
That's the thing...

The boosters and the school itself are working in fundamentally different directions. It's a mess.

Maybe he takes it. I don't know. I just can't see him willingly jumping into a situation where things seem to be in as much disarray as they do down there right now. He's got the ability to basically wait and take whatever job he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom