OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Texas boards must be great entertainment right now.

Who does tO$U have on their QB depth chart right now? witnesskb24 witnesskb24

And didn't they just have a recruit organized Columbus weekend? Would make sense why all these recruiting hacks are geeking over your recruiting right now. Same things happened with UGA, LSU, SC after their weekends.

It was a tweet from the Nebraska sports account hinting at the fact that if Nebraska had come down w/ the covid cases and not Wisconsin then the game would not be in jeopardy like it is now

Of course not. Nebraska is just another middle of the road football program that very few people care about outside of Nebraska. The sooner that Nebraska fans accept that Tommie Frazier, Lawrence Phillips, and Doctor Tom aren't working through that door the better they will be off. One of the most delusional fan bases you will ever run across.

(Game day in Lincoln is lit though. Extremely nice people when tailgating.)

I want so badly for Texas to fire Herman, thinking they're going to hire Urban, and then end up with Mike Gundy.

Of course not. Nebraska is just another middle of the road football program that very few people care about outside of Nebraska. The sooner that Nebraska fans accept that Tommie Frazier, Lawrence Phillips, and Doctor Tom aren't working through that door the better they will be off. One of the most delusional fan bases you will ever run across.

Nebraska falling behind Wisconsin in the Big 10 pecking order is a huge blow to them and their egos though. Especially considering that Wisconsin's whole schtick since Alvarez got there is that they're a ripoff of 90s Nebraska.

I want so badly for Texas to fire Herman, thinking they're going to hire Urban, and then end up with Mike Gundy.
Somebody on Gundy's level isn't walking into that cesspool right now.

It's a wreck.

They've aimed Urban/Saban/Kyle Shanahan the last two searches and ended up with Charlie Strong and Herman. They'll end up in that tier again.

Why though?

He's basically immortal at Okie State and gets paid well.
Texas is the last program in the conference that has won a national title. The ceiling there is much higher than what it is at Okie State. This is his best squad in years and he still won’t make the CFP. I mean more like guys on the Gundy tier than Gundy specifically, but yea Texas should be an obvious job for someone like him to take in a vacuum. It should be a Top 5 job in CFB.

Texas is the last program in the conference that has won a national title. The ceiling there is much higher than what it is at Okie State. This is his best squad in years and he still won’t make the CFP. I mean more like guys on the Gundy tier than Gundy specifically, but yea Texas should be an obvious job for someone like him to take in a vacuum. It should be a Top 5 job in CFB.
You would think, but the dynamics have changed a ton over the last decade or so - and that's without factoring in the cultural **** that's going on between the athletic department and the academic side of the school.

They haven't been able to win consistently in, what, 40 years? And A&M's move to the SEC further compromised their ability to dominate in-state talent. A&M - even as mediocre as they've been in the last decade - is recruiting at a higher level than ever. LSU, Ohio State, and Bama are taking elite kids from here every year. Oklahoma always has a foot in DFW.

Lots of smoke that they're about to lose Ja'Tavion Sanders outta the '21 group, too.

Texas going to make a play for Urban or is that just message board fodder?

Gundy has a propensity to put his foot in his mouth but then again so does Herman. Texas is definitely a better job with more prestige and better resources but the expectations are certainly higher. He's golden at Oklahoma State and he can be there for another decade if he wants but if he has a tough three or four years at Texas he'll be out of a job.

Yikes. The big 10 schedule is already falling apart. I don't know what they were thinking when they didn't schedule any open dates to move games around. Now the conference is denying Nebraska the opportunity to schedule a makeup game.

Honestly, they kind of remind me of Tennessee in the SEC. They constantly talk about the '90s. A lot of the advantages that Nebraska had in the '90s are gone now. Recruiting is much more national than it's ever been and it's harder to find those diamonds in the rough that Nebraska used to thrive on. There aren't any 300 lb lineman that no one's heard of or seen play other than Nebraska coaches.

SC partnered with a sports entertainment creative agency to build an in-house creative and marketing firm to help their players develop their brand and capitalize on NIL rights. I think they’re the first school to do this?

Last edited:
Honestly, they kind of remind me of Tennessee in the SEC. They constantly talk about the '90s. A lot of the advantages that Nebraska had in the '90s are gone now. Recruiting is much more national than it's ever been and it's harder to find those diamonds in the rough that Nebraska used to thrive on. There aren't any 300 lb lineman that no one's heard of or seen play other than Nebraska coaches.

Tommie Frazier is one my favorite CFB players of all time. Reason why I wore 15 when I played so I don't want it to sound like I'm railing on NU. I do believe Frost is the guy to get that program turned around but it is going to take time. Nebraska had such great success because they could recruit in California and Florida and they played in a relatively easy Big 8 conference.

I wouldn't touch the Texas job with a 10 ft pole. Yes, you would have just about every resource available but you are also going to deal with another out of touch fan base and big money donor pool.

You would think, but the dynamics have changed a ton over the last decade or so - and that's without factoring in the cultural **** that's going on between the athletic department and the academic side of the school.

They haven't been able to win consistently in, what, 40 years? And A&M's move to the SEC further compromised their ability to dominate in-state talent. A&M - even as mediocre as they've been in the last decade - is recruiting at a higher level than ever. LSU, Ohio State, and Bama are taking elite kids from here every year. Oklahoma always has a foot in DFW.

Lots of smoke that they're about to lose Ja'Tavion Sanders outta the '21 group, too.
I get all of that. But does Texas even have to rely on Texas kids? That’s a national name brand on a level that TAMU isn’t, regardless of conference affiliation. Texas kids seem a little bandwagon-ish like Florida kids, they’re just riding with whatever is hot. Getting the right guy in there likely doesn’t completely stop the state from hemorrhaging talent to the elites, but it could definitely slow it. Even with all of the dysfunction, is Texas really that far away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom