OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dillon Brooks. Ben Simmons.

And that's about it as far as this year has gone. Small sample sizes applicable.

So someone with size, good athleticism, who can be physical with him and can have the luxury of not having to worry about much else besides guarding Luka. Definitely not a lot of guys who meet those criteria.

:lol:
Ivica.
Zubac.

+/- of -16. Plus minus is a bad stat…. unless the film shows that you’re the focal point of the leaks.

For all the talk about Trez last year, Zu also cannot defend in space…. At all. He’s in drop in the PnR, several Mavs are capable of hitting that floater. They catch him on the perimeter & it’s an open jumper or a straight line drive & the Clippers’ communication on the backend is nonexistent.

All….game… long :lol: Whether PG/Kawhi switch off of Luka or not, put this guy in the PnR with Luka or ANYONE on the ball, make him make a decision on the perimeter. Make his teammates figure out the rotations behind him. Good things will happen

2nd half they went back & forth between switching and not switching so their coverage was somehow worse. I really want to know what’s going through Ty’s head. What is he seeing

You get it by now :lol: All game long, they’d put Zu in, get in a hole, take him out & go small to get out of it.

So Zu has to go completely. DNP-CD. Luka killed the switch, his teammates killed the trap, everybody had their turn with him in G2. There is no adjustment to make with him on the floor.

Gotta go small. Luka’s gonna try & pick on the guard or Morris so this isn’t an adjustment to make switching easier, or you end up with the exact same issues.

Here’s Porzingis doing what Portland failed to do in G2 like I said the other day, cutting behind the help

Beat the trap again by sitting someone at the free throw line. Again, Portland should take notes :lol:

So PG/Kawhi still have to be the primary and still have to fight over screens, refusing the switch. On the other end KP is just as bad as Zu so you gotta target him just as often as they targeted Zu. That’s important because Dallas was very disciplined sticking to the script with Zu. You gotta involve Porzingis every play.

You want to encourage Luka to go 1on1 & make tough contested shots against those two, and the same for the other Mavs against your other guards & wings. Your bigs are useless at this point and have to be removed from the equation. That’s about as hard as you can make it on Luka & the others. Trapping & switching DOES. NOT. WORK.

If they come out next game starting Zu, they’re done. There is nothing they can do with him on the floor. You don’t even need to watch. Take the Mavs moneyline.

Last edited:
You hitting up kids parties without your own stash?

Step your game up, rookie.

I dont have kids nor do I drink.

I smoke that GREEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNN.

But my tolerance is high, so i would prolly have an oil vape on me.

I aint no RC, Im HOF.

41 points don’t always lead to wins. I’m not supporting that take but I was asking the thread for legitimate discussion. We can go back to discussion about my post if you like, though :lol:

There's basically two types of superstars:

LBJ/Giannis/Luka type that can both score and set up their teammates/playmake

KD/Kawhi where they can score 50 without a thought but need someone else to set up their teammates

You want to encourage Luka to go 1on1 & make tough contested shots against those two, and the same for the other Mavs against your other guards & wings. Your bigs are useless at this point and have to be removed from the equation. That’s about as hard as you can make it on Luka & the others. Trapping & switching DOES. NOT. WORK.

If they come out next game starting Zu, they’re done. There is nothing they can do with him on the floor. You don’t even need to watch. Take the Mavs moneyline.
I still don't get the game plan, let Luka go off, but don't let anyone else beat you. Teams have done it for years, one person can go off and have a great game, but one man can't beat a team.
Yo, correct me if i'm wrong, but who does Pat Bev actually consistently lock up?
So who do the Clippers pick up in the off season because they about to go fishing.

Imagine having the largest crowd since Covid and memorializing that event by chanting **** Trae. And then losing. What a fanbase....

this makes no damn sense :lol:. you never been to a live basketball game or something?

stop campaigning like it was a blowout. knicks struggled and only lost by two points.

186534371_4745309832164170_3585203995953649855_n.jpg

You get it by now :lol: All game long, they’d put Zu in, get in a hole, take him out & go small to get out of it.

So Zu has to go completely. DNP-CD. Luka killed the switch, his teammates killed the trap, everybody had their turn with him in G2. There is no adjustment to make with him on the floor.

Gotta go small. Luka’s gonna try & pick on the guard or Morris so this isn’t an adjustment to make switching easier, or you end up with the exact same issues.

Here’s Porzingis doing what Portland failed to do in G2 like I said the other day, cutting behind the help

Beat the trap again by sitting someone at the free throw line. Again, Portland should take notes :lol:

So PG/Kawhi still have to be the primary and still have to fight over screens, refusing the switch. On the other end KP is just as bad as Zu so you gotta target him just as often as they targeted Zu. That’s important because Dallas was very disciplined sticking to the script with Zu. You gotta involve Porzingis every play.

I appreciate you hitting us with this fantastic in-depth analysis, but at the end of the day...

:lol: Clippers in 5, 6, whatever one of those two. Easy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom