OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
received_201807241874330.gif

Booker and Ayton were hyped to no end and the first semi healthy team they played both were not it.

This is patently false. You are making this up

People in the media and on NT were constantly talking about how the sons goofed for not taking Luka and Trey. I was even one of them, Ayton caught **** for years only recently with his play late in the season and playoffs did the praise turn universally good.

Booker was called a dude that would never win in Phoenix and was putting up empty stats on losing teams. Hell, the only reason he was an all-star the last two years was as a replacement, so clearly the media didn't think he was all that until recently. Before the Kobe **** the biggest complement Booker would get is that he was unrated and could be a #3 on championship team somewhere else

Ayton in particular was awful and Booker stayed turning the ball over and choking in big moments.

Booker turns the ball over too much for my liking but ole boy made one major mistake really. You **** on Monty for not calling time out, but Book a choke artist. Forgetting the fact that his play is what kept them in the game in the first place.

Booker was cool to bask in the Kobe glow but he looked funny in the light and Ayton looked like Prime Wilt against two banged up LA teams then looked worse than Robin Lopez. You my guy too but Ayton and Booker were awful.

Again you are just making this **** up. You ask Booker he says he should not be compared to Kobe, his comments the other day were not the first time he said that. He has said it all year. Mans talks about Kobe as a mentor and his favorite player not someone he should be compared to. You are putting a media narrative on dude, when Booker himself disagrees with it.

Ayton played up to his talents, given his matchups. Your criticism of him is that he didn't look as good playing against the best big man in the league as he did playing against other competition with also included (which I notice you left out)....Check notes....The MVP of the league Nikola Jokic.

You exaggerating here. Booker and Ayton are both well above average younger players in this league. One bad series from Ayton and a couple of bad games from Book don't change that.

To be honest I'm not buying much of this season outside of Giannis due to the injuries and the early start so it is hard to say whether the Suns have turned things around or whether they were the beneficiaries of some very favorable matchups in the playoffs against injured teams.

Ok, so they benefited from injuries, so what? The injuries are out of their control they can only play the team that is in front of them. When one of their best players was out or injured they had to deal with it. One of the main bench players got injured in the first game and put more pressure on their rotation guarding Giannis and they had to deal with it.

The Bucks got lucky with injuries to the Nets as well. Are we forgetting that?

It is just weird that people like would probably go easier on them if they lost to those teams with injuries instead of taking care of business.

Famb, you doing too much with this. Just hyperbole on top of hyperbole right now.

If you’re referring to Kobe. Book constantly brings up Kobe himself.
He doesn't directly compare himself to Kobe

He talks about how much Kobe means to him. He probably talks about how much CP3 means to him more

That is my whole point. The media pushes this nonsense about comparing him to Kobe while Book talks about Kobe mainly as something he aspires to be like but is not close to.

ESPN and their Fox News antics got folk mad at Book when Book probably agrees with the people that have an issue with the Kobe comparisons

This moment is why I wanted to see G win it. He’s easily a top player in the league today and he’s humble as hell. I don’t understand all the hate he gets on NT but he’s a humble superstar and we don’t see that. All the love for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom