OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nike is BUGGING for not having a Greek commercial in the clip.

How did they not have something on deck

SkinnyOddballAlabamamapturtle-max-1mb.gif

No offense, this sounds like some petty nonsense

Like seriously, IG comments, bigging up a fan that annoys you, and his cars. Good ****ing grief man.

I don't care about it, but to paint him as some guy that doesn't revel in the attention and isn't asking for anything is just not true IMO.

Edit: I'll take it back. The only thing I did care about was him giving that Suns fan a bigger platform.

This is patently false. You are making this up

People in the media and on NT were constantly talking about how the sons goofed for not taking Luka and Trey. I was even one of them, Ayton caught **** for years only recently with his play late in the season and playoffs did the praise turn universally good.

Booker was called a dude that would never win in Phoenix and was putting up empty stats on losing teams. Hell, the only reason he was an all-star the last two years was as a replacement, so clearly the media didn't think he was all that until recently. Before the Kobe **** the biggest complement Booker would get is that he was unrated and could be a #3 on championship team somewhere else

Booker turns the ball over too much for my liking but ole boy made one major mistake really. You **** on Monty for not calling time out, but Book a choke artist. Forgetting the fact that his play is what kept them in the game in the first place.

Again you are just making this **** up. You ask Booker he says he should not be compared to Kobe, his comments the other day were not the first time he said that. He has said it all year. Mans talks about Kobe as a mentor and his favorite player not someone he should be compared to. You are putting a media narrative on dude, when Booker himself disagrees with it.

Ayton played up to his talents, given his matchups. Your criticism of him is that he didn't look as good playing against the best big man in the league as he did playing against other competition with also included (which I notice you left out)....Check notes....The MVP of the league Nikola Jokic.

You exaggerating here. Booker and Ayton are both well above average younger players in this league. One bad series from Ayton and a couple of bad games from Book don't change that.

Ok, so they benefited from injuries, so what? The injuries are out of their control they can only play the team that is in front of them. When one of their best players was out or injured they had to deal with it. One of the main bench players got injured in the first game and put more pressure on their rotation guarding Giannis and they had to deal with it.

The Bucks got lucky with injuries to the Nets as well. Are we forgetting that?

It is just weird that people like would probably go easier on them if they lost to those teams with injuries instead of taking care of business.

Famb, you doing too much with this. Just hyperbole on top of hyperbole right now.

Be proud of your team but to act like my criticism against the Suns (specifically Booker and Ayton) is ridiculous and seems very homerish of you. Your post makes it seem as if you want to give participation trophies for the Suns when we don't do that for any other team and we sure don't do it for guys that are pushed as "stars" during this playoff run like Booker was and to a lesser extent Ayton. You mention what people have historically called Booker and Ayton yet totally ignore all of the praise both guys got during this run not just on NT but in the media. Both came up small in the big moments in the finals and so did Monty. We all have made the same statements about other players that performed significantly better than Booker and Ayton in big moments. Let's be real, if Booker were any other top player we wouldn't give that player credit for keeping them in the game but we would slander that player for fumbling it away. How many times have we overlooked the greatness of a player to boil their game down to how they perform in the critical moments?

As far as Jokic goes he was outplayed by Ayton, but based on your post should we overlook Jokic getting outplayed by Ayton because Murray wasn't there?

I don't care about it, but to paint him as some guy that doesn't revel in the attention and isn't asking for anything is just not true IMO.
I didn't paint him as anything

I am saying people like you are just wildin with this nonsensical mostly irrational dislike of dude

I didn't paint him as anything

I am saying people like you are just wildin with this nonsensical mostly irrational dislike of dude

How is not liking his antics on the court irrational dislike? One could say your love of the Suns is blinding you from seeing all the annoying aspects about them and Booker.

Let’s not act like Milwaukee was ANYWHERE near as a dysfunctional org that LeBron left in ‘10 or that Luka is playing for now. He has a point that he could have created a super team but he was also playing for a franchise that wasn’t a bottom feeder that he was propping up like LeBron clearly was. I bet if he was playing for the Wizards and getting bounced in the 1st or 2nd, he’d be singing a different tune/playing for another team rn.

Be proud of your team but to act like my criticism against the Suns (specifically Booker and Ayton) is ridiculous and seems very homerish of you. Your post makes it seem as if you want to give participation trophies for the Suns and when we don't do that for any other team and we sure don't do it for guys that are pushed as "stars" during this playoff run like Booker was and to a lesser extent Ayton. You mention what people have historically called Booker and Ayton yet totally ignore all of the praise both guys got during this run not just on NT but in the media. Both came up small in the big moments in the finals and so did Monty. We all have made the same statements about other players that performed significantly better than Booker and Ayton in big moments. Let's be real, if Booker were any other top player we wouldn't give that player credit for keeping them in the game but we would slander that player for fumbling it away. How many times have we overlooked the greatness of a player to boil their game down to how they perform in the critical moments?

As far as Jokic goes he was outplayed by Ayton, but based on your post should we overlook Jokic getting outplayed by Ayton because Murray wasn't there?
Nah famb, I just think you are just wilding. Me being homerish because I don't agree with your hyperbolic rants is wild to me, but do you.

Years of getting slander and being called at best a dude that puts of empty stats are somehow equal wiped away by a few months (really weeks) of playoff fueled storylines

I just think it is a bit ridiculous

Just seems like some people can't watch the NBA without a bad guy to **** on. And you are reaching to make Book and Ayton those guys.

Again, do you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom