OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
The blazers should’ve torched the nuggets.
They didn’t go for the kill in game 2 and seemed to be happy with the road split.
In game 3 they got worked by Austin Rivers.

If they don’t win, they will blow it up. It’s a disaster.

Also wtf is up with Zack Collins? I liked his game but he can’t stay healthy. Feel like i haven’t seen him play in forever. He more focused with getting fits off than playing :lol: :smh:

Collins been solid on defense. Disappointing on offense
His whole offense is Ice Tray spoon feeding him. Capela seems to have taken more of those rim running duties, which makes sense.

Defensively he can probably be fine against teams with more traditional PF/C combos like these Knicks, but he'll get smoked by any team with a smaller/quicker PF or a bigger C.

His whole offense is Ice Tray spoon feeding him. Capela seems to have taken more of those rim running duties, which makes sense.

Defensively he can probably be fine against teams with more traditional PF/C combos like these Knicks, but he'll get smoked by any team with a smaller/quicker PF or a bigger C.
He doesnt defend randle. Its hunter who defends randle though and capela on taj

Not exactly sure there is a move for Portland that actually makes them better. Everything just seems like it would be lateral. They aren't getting a really good young wing for CJ who is about to turn 30. Nurkic needs to be more impactful. Collins was actually an intriguing piece as an energy big that can stretch the floor a little, but he's basically missed 2 seasons now.

Not exactly sure there is a move for Portland that actually makes them better. Everything just seems like it would be lateral. They aren't getting a really good young wing for CJ who is about to turn 30. Nurkic needs to be more impactful. Collins was actually an intriguing piece as an energy big that can stretch the floor a little, but he's basically missed 2 seasons now.
they can prolly turn roco and simons into something, not sure who or what tho.
and they gotta decide if theyre gonna pay up to retain norm powell

Lakers in the finals or nah? I need to know ahead of time so I can pick who I'm rooting for on the other side
fhh.jpg

I keep asking this of the "Trade CJ" contingent. Trade him for who?

Who is CJ McCollum going to bring back that makes them better? They're going to make a lateral move and the same people will be telling them to blow it up again 2 years later.

There's a WIDE GAP in the idea of trading CJ and the actual reality of it if the goal is to go from perennial playoff team to actual contender. They're more likely to take a step back.

Who is CJ McCollum going to bring back that makes them better? They're going to make a lateral move and the same people will be telling them to blow it up again 2 years later.

There's a WIDE GAP in the idea of trading CJ and the actual reality of it if the goal is to go from perennial playoff team to actual contender. They're more likely to take a step back.

You’re probably right, but I don’t think that means they shouldn’t at least pick up the phone and explore the option.

They could definitely take a step back if they traded CJ, but they already know the ceiling of this in all likelihood, and the lateral move, we don’t. Maybe it’s lateral in terms of player to player quality to CJ, but meshes better with Dame than CJ. It’s the known ceiling vs. unknown ceiling/possible step back.

Paul George

Portland never made the hard decision that Golden State previously did (Steph/Monta).
So giving CJ's spot to Simons?

Remember Steve was pretty awesome right out of the gate. 18/5/6 on 46/44 shooting as a rookie, and this was after him also being an incredible college player. Definitely an easier call to give him the reigns than a largely unproven Anfernee Simons. He's also still really young. Perhaps could be ready to take a bigger leap next year. Who knows.

Dame would rather he get traded out than play with PG. Kidding. :lol:

Gotta put those egos aside. Trade eliminates redundancy for both teams. Other holes would need to be addressed but it seems to me both teams would benefit.

feel free to shoot the idea down

a bit easier to make when you draft Klay

Remember Steve was pretty awesome right out of the gate. 18/5/6 on 46/44 shooting as a rookie, and this was after him also being an incredible college player. Definitely an easier call to give him the reigns than a largely unproven Anfernee Simons. He's also still really young. Perhaps could be ready to take a bigger leap next year. Who knows.
Not necessarily giving the SG spot to Trent/Simons, but just breaking up Dame/CJ. I probably would've done it after 2017. Difficult to do now because of their respective contracts.

def wouldnt hurt for him to see more than 17.3 mpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom