OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clips playin some nice Hoosiers team ball right now, Kennard hit on the hand, Diaw good team defense, and then Reggie Jax on the three ball. 🔥

how does this disprove what I said :lol: I said they'll have no issue scoring and they scored 132 and 145 each time they had at least 2 of their best 3 players. The game they lost both Kyrie and Harden were out
Looks like ahat ahat trying to say the Hawks kept pace when both teams were close to healthy and won when they wasn’t so it could be an interesting series given the current injury report

Maybe an all offense matchup could lift this playoffs from being the “worst ever” for alotta folks

It's a combination of the short off season with the condensed schedule of this season.

Stop trying to flex your wreck league, YMCA basketball credentials 😂

You're really trying to tell me that a historically short off season, a condensed schedule the following season and a record number of all-star players being injured is completely coincidental? You're saying there's no correlation between those things? 😂

My bad, I guess freeze freeze knows better than LeBron because you won the over 30 league at your local gym
You still have Bron on the brain. It wasn't the same short off season for everybody chief. The only correlation between a torn ACL and playing in a condensed schedule is that you're on the court more, so more opportunities to possibly hurt yourself. World class athletes, world class training and recovery methods. Plus the ability to load manage. 8 all stars hurt...450 nba players. 442 not hurt. I know you're trying your hardest to have a point and drive it home...your car on blocks tho

Sad part about the Philly collapse is that Tony Massenburg was poised to walk through that door, but due to what most believed to be an insurmountable lead, security staff members at the Wells Fargo Center turned him away.

Reggie Jackson needs to play all 48 minutes. We’ll see with PG can lock up Mitchell/Ingles down the stretch for the win.

Once again if YALL don’t see how this looks, idk what to tell you…Puffed the chest out bout how “bad” this playoffs is in the 1st half, and that other LA team mention in the mix just to drive the point home :lol: :smh: …And still be watching all of it ! :lol:
48 minute game and the last 10 minutes were interesting :lol:. I don't want the playoffs to be trash..they just are. This has easily been the best week of the postseason so far so there's still hope. We don't have to act like it's been this good the whole time. You was in here talking bout food trucks in the first half bro :lol:

You still have Bron on the brain. It wasn't the same short off season for everybody chief. The only correlation between a torn ACL and playing in a condensed schedule is that you're on the court more, so more opportunities to possibly hurt yourself. World class athletes, world class training and recovery methods. Plus the ability to load manage. 8 all stars hurt...450 nba players. 442 not hurt. I know you're trying your hardest to have a point and drive it home...your car on blocks tho

You're just dead wrong.

Dealing with the coronavirus was the priority for the NBA in 2020-21, but as the end of the season nears, data suggests the league saw a dramatic increase in injuries not related to COVID-19.

Some team health officials said the effects will drive how they manage player health for next season.

The average number of players sidelined per game due to injury, non-COVID-19 illness or rest this season was 5.1 (includes both teams), according to ESPN's Kevin Pelton, the highest since he started tracking it in 2009-10. That does not include games missed by players in the health and safety protocols. The next highest season was 4.8, so 2020-21 was 5% higher.

The increase was even more pronounced when focusing on the league's stars. This season's All-Stars missed 370 of a possible 1,944 games (19%), the highest percentage in a season in NBA history, according to Elias Sports Bureau research. They missed an average of 13.7 regular-season games each this year.

Throughout the season, team health officials and executives internally feared a spate of soft-tissue injuries, such as hamstring strains. Earlier this week, Brooklyn Nets star guard James Harden exited Game 1 of the second-round series against the Milwaukee Bucks because of right hamstring aggravation. Similarly, Jazz point guard Mike Conley missed Tuesday's Game 1 vs. the LA Clippers because of a mild right hamstring strain. In the regular season, the same injuries caused Harden to miss more than a month and Conley to miss six games in February and nine games in April and May.

These types of injuries can be tied to fatigue and stress. Fear of an increase in these injuries grew more pronounced when the schedule condensed late in the season as teams made up games postponed due to COVID-19 issues.

There were 2,909 games lost to soft-tissue injuries this regular season, according to certified athletic trainer Jeff Stotts, who maintains the most authoritative public injury-tracking database that covers the NBA. It's the second-highest figure Stotts has recorded since he began tracking in 2005-06. The most was 3,038 in the 2017-18 season, which was played in 82 games vs. the 72-game campaign this year.

Last edited:
😈😈😈

And... hawks

😉😏

tenor.gif

For some reason, to me, it feels like when the games are on TNT it feels like there’s more energy, maybe because Turner doesn’t rely on over production or dumb *** camera angles, but I just appreciate the TNT experience more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom