OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
nako xl nako xl We’d talked about this one, but sounds like Anthony Lucas is staying.

Walter Nolen and GBD both confirmed on socials today they’re back. Sounds like Smoke Bouie is back, too.

A&M isn’t gonna lose much outside the guys they don’t want back - which sounds like it’s PJ Williams (legal), Denver Harris and maybe Chris Marshall.

Let's not have the playoff debate again. :lol: its happening!

Chances are, for those against it, it usually revolves around fanbases of teams you can count on 1 hand. Holistically though, you can't grow the game to catch up to the times in one or two aspects yet keep the culminations of competition on the field only inching forward at a crawl every decade.

Travis, you know the move. USC next season with the returning Heisman winner and then be a candidate yourself during your Junior year.

No brainer. I got $10k on it. nako xl nako xl ? @tupac003 ?

LUiKBUjHcEXCSwOfgJbJWNv8hVAYY_yLlBU-Cy9n75A.jpg

I think it’s clear where anyone with a modicum of sense should stand on the playoffs debate:

If we lose tonight I’m for expansion.

If we win, I’m against it.

I’m taking my stance as the exact opposite

Nah I wanna see what USC can do in the playoff so I’ll be pulling for y’all. I’m ready for stroud to move on and see if we can get a QB with some dog in him

Every sport everywhere in the world has actual playoffs but people still want CFB to have 2 team title games.

Weird.
The only CFB fans that want that are the ones that only pay attention to the Power 5 schools. Us people that support the FCS and D2 love the 24 team format they use. Just last week I watched a Montana team that's 7-4 beat a 9-3 SEMO team in the first round. Of course Montana had home field advantage because the FCS allows them to place a bid on hosting during the first round. Stuff like that can happen on the FBS level if those lower teams had the chance. We clearly see how unfair these ranking systems are towards schools that don't have a high "SoS".

The only CFB fans that want that are the ones that only pay attention to the Power 5 schools. Us people that support the FCS and D2 love the 24 team format they use. Just last week I watched a Montana team that's 7-4 beat a 9-3 SEMO team in the first round. Of course Montana had home field advantage because the FCS allows them to place a bid on hosting during the first round. Stuff like that can happen on the FBS level if those lower teams had the chance. We clearly see how unfair these ranking systems are towards schools that don't have a high "SoS".
Right.

The whole "my team's been the first one left out and I didn't complain!" misnomer is nonsense when said team is one of the tiny handful that - by and large - gets the benefit of the doubt with a one-off loss.

If you're a "regular season matters" guy, that's fine. But the "every game matters" regular season doesn't matter equally for everyone, and that's just a fact.

And when actual P5 conference champs can get left out for a second SEC or Big10 team because an arbitrary committee decides they like another team more.

Stuff circulating on the A&M boards that Nick Williams will be leaving to potentially take an on-field gig with Deion at Colorado.

Deion at Colorado is such a weird fit.
I just don't see why a young man would want to go to Colorado over Jackson St? Jackson is only a few hours south of Memphis and borders LA which borders TX. You can pretty much recruit those two states and be good.

I got family in Denver, CO through my father and he only visited them once since I have been born and I'm almost 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom