OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
FB_IMG_1672868741058.jpg

Would that have been a reviewable play?

Same with the Marv targeting/non targeting, if they kept it targeting I believe it would’ve been offset by illegal touching since he stepped out and it would’ve replayed the down

I’m not sure how reviews like that work though since they weren’t originally called

Oregon tampered with South Carolina edge Jordan Burch. Started an NIL bidding war for him and today he let S. car know he’s transferring.

Oregon tampered with South Carolina edge Jordan Burch. Started an NIL bidding war for him and today he let S. car know he’s transferring.
Rumor is that they're offering him $250K which seems a little low but Jordan Burch has been a disappointment so far his career. Guess he thinks he can dominate Pac-12 competition and Oregon can develop him better. Or maybe he's trying to build a nest egg in case he doesn't get drafted highly?

Like Tony Grimes, Jordan should have went to Georgia like he wanted to but his mom forced him to stay close to home so he goes to South Carolina, goes through a coaching transition, doesn't win anything it doesn't get developed #shouldhavewenttoGeorgia

Paul Finebaum saying Kirby Smart is going to the NFL...smh

Nah, I think Kirby understands his place. Kirby, like most college football coaches, would be bad in the NFL. When you think about guys like Urban Meyer, Kirby Smart or Nick Saban, their single biggest skill is relentless recruiting.

Recruiting is invaluable in college football and completely useless in the NFL. Remember when Urban Meyer foolishly said "the NFL is like playing Bama every week", It's because these elite coaches are so unfamiliar with playing teams with similar talent that they don't know what to do when it happens 😂.

Also these top college coaches are complete control freaks who want to be able to control every aspect of their roster and the media and you just can't do that in the NFL.

Kirby has seen his mentor crash and burn in the NFL, I don't think he would make the move.

Makes (at least) half a dozen posts about the refs after the first Utah loss, then tries to call me out after making 1 about the semi-final.

The lack of self-awareness is stunning
No I called you out for your comment about painted nails and your attempt to be slick with that “talk to me after the playoffs are over. We’ve got bigger fish to fry” bull ****.

Well your playoffs are over so I asked again.

The irony is the guy who swaggered into a conversation about homophobic Utah fans and made a problematic comment in agreement with them, doesn’t realize THAT’S the issue but has the audacity to say anyone else lacks self awareness.

Nah, I think Kirby understands his place. Kirby, like most college football coaches, would be bad in the NFL. When you think about guys like Urban Meyer, Kirby Smart or Nick Saban, their single biggest skill is relentless recruiting.

Recruiting is invaluable in college football and completely useless in the NFL. Remember when Urban Meyer foolishly said "the NFL is like playing Bama every week", It's because these elite coaches are so unfamiliar with playing teams with similar talent that they don't know what to do when it happens 😂.

Also these top college coaches are complete control freaks who want to be able to control every aspect of their roster and the media and you just can't do that in the NFL.

Kirby has seen his mentor crash and burn in the NFL, I don't think he would make the move.
The NFL isn’t seeking out Kirby anyways :lol:. You rarely see defensive HCs tapped from college, and it took someone like Saban to get the opportunity. Way too many en Vogue offensive names for this to even be a serious convo.

The NFL isn’t seeking out Kirby anyways :lol:. You rarely see defensive HCs tapped from college, and it took someone like Saban to get the opportunity. Way too many en Vogue offensive names for this to even be a serious convo.
They wouldn't want Kirby? What does the NFL have a salary cap or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom