OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find it hard to believe that Mario was hiring a first time playcaller after the abysmal offense of last year, but I guess what incentive does OSU have to put out leaks about this re: their best assistant who just happens to have back to back 5 Star WRs from South Florida coming to OSU? No incentive at all I suppose :lol:.

I hope not. This would be a lazy hire like when Georgia went from Jim Chaney to James Coley. Kirby hoped to have some continuity so he just promoted Coley. Hope he doesn't make the same mistake here with Mike Bobo.

Mike Bobo did a good job during his last end at UGA but since then it's kind of been a disaster. He failed as a HC at Colorado State and his offenses at South Carolina and Auburn were underwhelming.

Word on the street is that Duce might delay signing because he's getting feedback that he may be a first round pick in the MLB draft.

From a UGA fan perspective, Duce is the ultimate luxury recruit. We have elite tight ends on campus and we already have 2 out of the top 5 tight end recruits in the 2023 cycle signed.

Screenshot_20230131-105414.png

If Robinson signs with Georgia, that would be great but I'm really not sweating it. It's far from a position of need.

Duce is partially delaying to see what happens with Monken
Yea, that’s the obvious answer not the MLB Draft :lol:. Which doesn’t even happen until May/June? He’s not the first kid we’ve seen sign with a school and then get drafted months later

I hope not. This would be a lazy hire like when Georgia went from Jim Chaney to James Coley. Kirby hoped to have some continuity so he just promoted Coley. Hope he doesn't make the same mistake here with Mike Bobo.

Mike Bobo did a good job during his last end at UGA but since then it's kind of been a disaster. He failed as a HC at Colorado State and his offenses at South Carolina and Auburn were underwhelming.
Dylan Raiola: “I know Coach Smart has the next guy in the system already to step in and fill those shoes right away.”

You say that like Kirby is a fan of offense lol

You say that like Kirby is a fan of offense lol

Kirby understands the importance of having an elite offense. Why do you think he hired Monken three years ago and made him the highest paid offensive coordinator in the nation?

I don't think Kirby is thinking, "we just won back to back championships with top 10 offenses but let's go back and run the Bama 2010 playbook because I don't like scoring points and winning games"

I trust Kirby and I think he'll make the right decision. He understands how important it is to have an elite offense and how integral offense has been to our success. Maybe Mike Bobo has learned a thing or two from his time with Monken but the last few times I've seen Bobo offenses I've been underwhelmed.

Last edited:
Kirby understands the importance of having an elite offense. Why do you think he hired Monken three years ago and made him the highest paid offensive coordinator in the nation?

I don't think Kirby is thinking, "we just won back to back championships with top 10 offenses but let's go back and run the Bama 2010 playbook because I don't like scoring points and winning games"

I trust Kirby and I think he'll make the right decision. He understands how important it is to have an elite offense and how integral offense has been to our success. Maybe Mike Bobo has learned a thing or two from his time with Monken but the last few times I've seen Bobo offenses I've been underwhelmed.

So convenient to only talk about Kirby and offense for the last 3 years. :lol: Did he understand the importance when he hired James Coley? Or when he ran Justin Fields off?

So convenient to only talk about Kirby and offense for the last 3 years. :lol: Did he understand the importance when he hired James Coley? Or when he ran Justin Fields off?

He probably didn't. It's called growth and learning to adapt. That's what good coaches do, they make mistakes and then they learn from them. Even an all-time great like Nick Saban had to learn "that he needed an elite offense to win in today's football

2016-2019 were Kirby's first 4 years of head coaching at any level. Yes, he went through some growing pains. What's crazy is that Mario Cristobal has been a head coach for 12 years and he's still a poor in-game coach and fields mediocre offenses year after year 😂

He probably didn't. It's called growth and learning to adapt. That's what good coaches do, they make mistakes and then they learn from them. Even an all-time great like Nick Saban had to learn "that he needed an elite offense to win in today's football

2016-2019 were Kirby's first 4 years of head coaching at any level. Yes, he went through some growing pains. What's crazy is that Mario Cristobal has been a head coach for 12 years and he's still a poor in-game coach and fields mediocre offenses year after year 😂
so my points were right. Got it :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom