OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Desmond Watson is up to 440 now.

Saw some UF fans saying that he’s planning on coming to camp heavy so he can play around 400 but that makes 0 sense.
Man, football aside I hope that he can one day get his weight under control because he’s not looking at an enjoyable life. They’ve basically went from trying to get him to lose weight to being ok with him showing up heavier?

What was this?

Florida defensive lineman Desmond Watson, who was already over 400 lb, has somehow gained another 20+ pounds. I hope that this is his own choice and not being pushed on him by the coaching staff.

There is no NFL archetype for a player being successful at 400+ lbs. At this point it's hurting his NFL ambitions.

I just hope he can have a comfortable, healthy life after football. Hopefully he's one of those guys who loses a lot of weight after football instead of one of those guys who gains a lot of weight after football.

He must feel good about his team if he is talking this much.

He was talking crazy last year too, though. Last year he was going at Lincoln as fan service and it blew up in his face once comparisons started being made. He feels safe going at Prime and Cristobal because they're safer bets, still at the start of rebuilds, and most of old school college football feels a way about them already.

He was talking crazy last year too, though. Last year he was going at Lincoln as fan service and it blew up in his face once comparisons started being made. He feels safe going at Prime and Cristobal because they're safer bets, still at the start of rebuilds, and most of old school college football feels a way about them already.
The Cristobal **** is purely recruiting related. Mario has already won back to back PAC 12 titles and 3 straight title game appearances — which you surely remember, plus a Rose Bowl W. Venables hasn’t done **** :lol:. But they’ve beaten Miami on the trail for a few kids and he’s trying to wrap up David Stone right now. Games still have to be played in the fall though so I hope he’s ready to back it up. It’s lying season right now anyways

Screenshot 2023-07-17 at 5.49.19 PM.png

Still holding out hope the SEC goes to 9

Tremendous football mind probably. But tremendous guy and Bobby Petrino don’t belong in the same sentence lol.

Jimbo said y’all are gonna have to pry play calling from my cold dead hands
Now compare that to Eli Drinkwitz when he hired Kirby Moore earlier this year:

"I ask our guys all the time to embrace your role and put the team first and at the end of the day," Drinkwitz said, "that’s what I needed to do as the head coach.”

"It just came very clear to me that the requirements of the head coach were causing me not to have full focus on the offense," Drinkwitz said. "I needed to hire somebody who could come in and understand the vision that we have for offensive football, the vision that we have for our program and then go score more points."

And from his session at SEC Media Days today:

Q. You’re bringing an offensive coordinator; I assume he’s going to call the plays. How tough a decision was that? What went into that? If you’re not calling the plays, how tough is it for you to give that up?

ELIAH DRINKWITZ: Yeah, we have a sign in our team room that says, embrace your role, put the team first. At the end of the season it was clear to me that we were ineffective on the offensive side of the ball, and it starts with being retrospective on what do you do as the leader of the team, as the leader of the offensive side of the ball, what are the issues.

I wasn’t giving us the best advantage that we could have offensively to be successful, and so it was my estimation that I needed to embrace my role more as the head coach and do the things that needed to be done there and turn over the play calling to somebody else.
I do not plan on calling plays. I plan on being involved on the offensive side of the ball just like I am on special teams and on the defensive side of the ball as the CEO of the organization.

Eli and Jimbo aren't exactly in the same situation, so not sure it's totally comparable.

But watching Jimbo be a little kid kicking and screaming and throwing a fit all summer hasn't not been fun.

Dang. Hope the kid is okay.

Here are the players from the 2022 A&M recruiting class who's transferred

Denver Harris -> LSU
Anthony Lucas -> USC
Marquis Groves-Killebrew -> Louisville
PJ Williams -> SMU
Chris Marshall -> Ole Miss -> kicked off
Smoke Bouie -> Georgia -> left the team/kicked off

Last edited:

Denver Harris -> LSU
Anthony Lucas -> USC
PJ Williams -> SMU

Ish Harris -> Houston -> kicked off

Almost seems like a lot of knuckleheads were removed from the program.

Denver Harris -> LSU
Anthony Lucas -> USC
PJ Williams -> SMU
Groves-Killebrew the one kid on this list that wasn't a total ****in knucklehead, and he might've ended up in the worst spot of all of them. :lol: :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom