OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I remember that now :smh:

I think any type of person who handles a rape case/accusation terribly is a sh*t person

I think I remember that now :smh:

I think any type of person who handles a rape case/accusation terribly is a sh*t person
Didn’t just handle it poorly, Shembo straight up said at the draft combine years later that he wasn’t ever allowed to talk to anyone about the case because Kelly told him not to. He said he wanted to clear his name but was under a gag order from Kelly.

Although she had received threatening text messages from someone on the football team, Notre Dame never investigated the alleged assault until after she died and there was public outcry. At that point all the statements she made to her therapist and others, in person and via text, were legally inadmissible so the school had cover to say the investigation was inconclusive. It’s worth noting the school changed its sexual assault handling policies after her death and there was an investigation into systemic mishandling of sexual assault allegations.

———

For the record, I’m of the opinion that in 2023, Kelly doesn’t survive either of those incidents. I know why it’s so, but it’s insane to me that a school would hire someone who has been personally implicated in the death of two students and subsequent cover ups. But LSU is known for its great track record of coach hiring.

befe.jpg

Last edited:
Since he was brought up last week

And one more Oklahoma L since we’re in the slow season:

Last edited:

It sounds like they’re saying they stand by the overall article and the claim that Kirby is running an undisciplined program, but they agree the #11 was unsubstantiated and that there was another organizational writing standard That was not followed.

I think they fired the writer more for the sloppy work and bad press than anything else. If it wasn’t for fear of political blowback and legal fees, I wish they’d have let UGA sue them so we could read Kirby’s emails.

Looking at that field, I feel like I’m staring at a black watch dial because of the white and orange 🤷🏻‍♂️

Northwestern is in trouble. It’s evident the football hazing at least was systemic and going on for decades, even before Fitzgerald got there as a coach and, as he admitted, back to his time as a player. It coming out now that complaints about bullying from teammates and coaches in baseball, softball, volleyball, and cheerleading were buried? Admins are gonna be fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom