OFFICIAL 2022 LeBron 2 Retro Post: FINALLY

I remember when SNKRS did that LeBron tournament and you voted for shoes to release. I threw my phone when the animal 2s didn’t make it. I’m definitely grabbing two pairs.

That “tournament” was a joke. All it was was to entice ppl to engage on the app so it could get some views and downloads. Someone at nike needed to justify keeping their job. Classic propaganda tactic

The secret is all of those pairs are gonna release

Imo I think theyre just using the votes to select which ones to drop first... the least voted get released first so they dont blow their wad early

EsG3QciUcAAt1nX.jpeg

A couple of gems here! Hoping that the Laker 3s, HWC 7s, Shooting Star 7s and SB 15s release sometime the line!… and for a discount! LOL

I doubt nike is going to keep shelling out PEs for retail release if the lebron itself keeps going on strong discount. They’ll keep throwing us bones every now n then but nothing to wooo us anymore. Other bball lines are selling stronger and lower starting price points

Well yea they’re lower price points and more functional with updated tech - not retros.

Well yea they’re lower price points and more functional with updated tech - not retros.

Thats part of my point. I understand that lebrons line was top notch/high tech when the shoes first came out, but you cant price those shoes out of the general market 10+ yrs later. Especially when his line doesn’t have the oomph

Thats part of my point. I understand that lebrons line was top notch/high tech when the shoes first came out, but you cant price those shoes out of the general market 10+ yrs later. Especially when his line doesn’t have the oomph
If anything, the line has oomph last year with the 20. They streamlined and made his sig sleeker and less bulky. But the retros are the opposite of that.

The more colors they produce the further they fall off. If they didn't oversaturate with 30 different colorways they would be appreciated more.
That's an interesting point I never considered about the number of colorways they do with models now vs back in the day. It's almost like an album with too many songs, there might be some bangers but it hurts the overall experience. Compare that to a masterpiece album that's relatively short, like Illmatic, you appreciate each track even more. Like for example, the AJ12 only had 5 colorways, but there were no misses.

Back
Top Bottom