• USA

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • Mexico

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Didn't get to see the games today but to be honest, Canada came in with way higher expectations than reality set. I never understood the hype around Canada in their group.
If there were any expectations it was to play hard which they did for the most part. They got a tough group and haven't had any experience at this level with this group.

Learning experience though with a young squad. They'll be better for it in 4 years and more experienced by then.

Just goes to show where CONCACAF is at right now since they finished 1st in the qualifiers comfortably. Only got 1 squad advancing

He balled out in Russia, which is why Real dropped 160m no problem, but they got contributions from all the stars last time too. Was a much stronger collective and still in their primes.

4 years later most are on the downturn and the fire just didn't seem there at all. Might've been different with another coach but Martinrz was never gonna inspire them to punching above their weight imo.

Their talent won out the last time in spite of him, not because of him

Definitely. I know it wasn't because of him but I am a homer so yeah :lol:

Belgium football association decided to stick with Roberto Martinez. Even they named him their technical director so he cannot return to Everton. The wild part is that he was the guy Everton fans wanted out. It made me wonder why Belgium FA made those decisions. Is it because of budget? How good is Belgium football financial? I know Belgium is lack of top tier Belgian managers

Definitely. I know it wasn't because of him but I am a homer so yeah :lol:

Belgium football association decided to stick with Roberto Martinez. Even they named him their technical director so he cannot return to Everton. The wild part is that he was the guy Everton fans wanted out. It made me wonder why Belgium FA made those decisions. Is it because of budget? How good is Belgium football financial? I know Belgium is lack of top tier Belgian managers
Wasn't talking about Hazard with that last part :lol:, just Martinez. Like I said, Hazard balled and was a huge reason they got to 3rd place.

Their talent won in spite of Martinez not because of him.

That definitely made it more hard to change managers though the same with Southgate after the Euros. Managers you know can't get the most out of their talent but their overwhelming talent get them enough results to keep their jobs safe. It's a sort of purgatory.

Better managers would've won trophies with these generations

If there were any expectations it was to play hard which they did for the most part. They got a tough group and haven't had any experience at this level with this group.

Learning experience though with a young squad. They'll be better for it in 4 years and more experienced by then.

Just goes to show where CONCACAF is at right now since they finished 1st in the qualifiers comfortably. Only got 1 squad advancing

I've seen quite a few people expected them to get out of the group stages.

This point is something we always hear with CONCACAF teams and it never fleshes out. We won't be better in 4 years, making it out of the group stages shouldn't be a marker for better anymore. Davies can not do it on his own and I didn't see much in terms of technical/Finishing greatness from others. Not really a slight at Canada but this has been said about the US constantly and it never gets better. CONCACAF needs to do better in general, 4 years is not enough either.

Wasn't talking about Hazard with that last part :lol:, just Martinez. Like I said, Hazard balled and was a huge reason they got to 3rd place.

Their talent won in spite of Martinez not because of him.

That definitely made it more hard to change managers though the same with Southgate after the Euros. Managers you know can't get the most our of their talent but their talent get them enough results to keep their jobs safe. It's a sort of purgatory

:lol:

Gotcha

Yeah agreed

Too little too late I'm afraid, they won't get that level of talent at the same time ever again like they had over the last 6-8 years. Got fumbled.

England better not do the same...

Someone like Wenger would do bits with their current crop

I’ll concede that Bruno is much better at diving and being an annoying whiny ***** on the pitch
All of this, but, just one time I want to hear Hudson calling a game with Bruno playing, so that in the off chance he does a madness, Ray can scream that Bruno is cooking the defense like his name is Ratatouille.

This shoulda been Morocco last wc. That group was tough. Had guendouzi picked to play for morocco instead of france. Uffff

Lukaku tanking for Wemby
20221009_162131.jpg

What's everyone watching?
Germany - CRC with an eye on the Japan - Spain results :lol:

*******'s gonna start when/if Germany score first. They need to win + a Japan L.

Costa Rica can go through too if they shock the world and get the W.

Japan can go through with a W or a draw. As long as Germany don't win by more than a goal they're good with a draw. If Germany wins by 2 or more and they draw, Germany's through.

Back
Top Bottom