OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

What a day

tocry.png

So which P5 conference is going to get left out?

SEC: Georgia and Bama
Big 12: Texas and Oklahoma
Pac 12: Oregon and Washington
Big 10: Ohio State, Michigan and Penn St
ACC: FSU and UNC

Unless some major upsets start happening I don't think any conference gets 2 teams into the playoffs.

I might be very wrong, I get that, but the Pac-12 Championship last year against Utah in Vegas made me very skeptical about the Lawrence, Burrow, Caleb question.

Why? Caleb was playing really well up until the point when he got injured in the second quarter and he couldn't move. You can make the argument that Caleb is more reliant on his athleticism than Joe Burrow or Trevor Lawrence but you can also make the argument that those Clemson and LSU teams had much better talent around them (especially on the offensive line) where those guys didn't need to leave the pocket to make plays.

Why was UGA ranked #1 when they’ve literally been beating up on all scrubs all season?

And have looked less impressive than Michigan while doing so

Honestly, it doesn't really matter. I totally understand why Michigan would get voted #1. Georgia hasn't looked impressive often this season. The reason George is number one is because they are the two-time defending champions who were number one going into the season and most voters don't watch non-marquee matchups closely, they see that Georgia won by double digits and then move on.

Georgia is getting the Bama treatment where they get the benefit of the doubt even when they don't look good. There have been plenty of times over the last 15 years where Bama has not looked like the best team in the country but stayed at #1.

I'm not saying any of this is right, I'm in favor of the polls being more dynamic as opposed to being anchored to where teams were initially voted, but that's just how it is.

• Max Johnson was pressured on 25 of 39 (64.1%) dropbacks vs. Tennessee, per PFF. A&M has never had a pressure rate that high since PFF started tracking that stat in 2014. The Aggie OL surrendered 11 QB hits as well.

• Among the 116 FBS QBs who have been pressured on at least 40 dropbacks this season, no one has been pressured more than Texas A&M’s Max Johnson. Johnson has been pressured on 50.7% of his dropbacks. 50.7%! And Weigman ranks 13th among that group (41.4%).

• Going into this season, Texas A&M rushed for less than two yards per carry in only three games under head coach Jimbo Fisher (2019 Georgia, 2019 Clemson and 2021 LSU). The Aggies have rushed for less than two yards per carry in back-to-back games: 1.9 vs. Bama and 1.9 vs. Tennessee.

• In the second half of its last three games combined, Texas A&M has scored only nine points and committed six turnovers. In 21 drives ... seven punts, six turnovers, three made field goals, three missed field goals, one safety and one turnover on downs.
Fire this sack of **** and light the whole thing on fire.

Rotten.

Why? Caleb was playing really well up until the point when he got injured in the second quarter and he couldn't move. You can make the argument that Caleb is more reliant on his athleticism than Joe Burrow or Trevor Lawrence but you can also make the argument that those Clemson and LSU teams had much better talent around them (especially on the offensive line) where those guys didn't need to leave the pocket to make plays.

Honestly, it doesn't really matter. I totally understand why Michigan would get voted #1. Georgia hasn't looked impressive often this season. The reason George is number one is because they are the two-time defending champions who were number one going into the season and most voters don't watch non-marquee matchups closely, they see that Georgia won by double digits and then move on.

Georgia is getting the Bama treatment where they get the benefit of the doubt even when they don't look good. There have been plenty of times over the last 15 years where Bama has not looked like the best team in the country but stayed at #1.

I'm not saying any of this is right, I'm in favor of the polls being more dynamic as opposed to being anchored to where teams were initially voted, but that's just how it is.

I was more so saying it because it’s foolish to point out Michigan while not pointing out UGA if he’s just basing it off of who they’ve played thus far.

There really hasn’t been a team besides Michigan that’s looked above and beyond everyone else but again, they’ve had an easier schedule to this point

Back
Top Bottom