OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Damn. Sounds like he's gonna miss the rest of the season.

Will be interested to see how UGA responds offensively w/o a player like bowers

Some guys have come back in as quickly as two weeks but it seems like this is typically a 4 to 6 week injury. So Brock might be back by the Tennessee or Georgia Tech games to end the season.

It really depends on what Brock wants to do. I can totally understand him playing it safe, not risking further injury and getting ready for the NFL draft. He has nothing to prove at the college level. He's been a major contributor on two national championship teams, multiple time All American and he's won the Mackey Award. If he never plays another down of college football he'll go down as one of the best tight ends in college football history. For a guy like Brock, it's all risk and very little reward.

I wouldn’t bring him back until the SEC title game or playoff. They should be able to get by their remaining schedule without him

I wouldn’t bring him back until the SEC title game or playoff. They should be able to get by their remaining schedule without him
On the other hand... they definitely lose to Auburn, and maybe South Carolina, without him. Mizzou, Ole Miss, and Tennessee are all better than both.

Doing an experiment:

Do you know who this person is?

1697522895995.jpeg

And Bruce Feldman doubled down today...

SEC​

Jimbo Fisher, Texas A&M

This is by far the biggest one to watch. The buyout is insanely high, around $76 million. But the man who once led FSU to a national title has really, really underperformed at Texas A&M, and there’s no getting around that.

They are paying him gobs of money with the expectation that this program will compete for national titles and he just lost his eighth consecutive road game. The Aggies have lost two in a row and have dropped nine of their last 12 games against Power 5 opponents. They didn’t even make a bowl game last season despite a roster loaded with five-star talent and what was regarded by the online recruiting services as the highest-ranked recruiting class of all time. He’s had one good season in College Station: 9-1 in the pandemic season of 2020. Since then, the Aggies have not finished a season ranked in the AP poll.

His hire this offseason of Bobby Petrino has been underwhelming. The Aggies are No. 10 in the SEC in offense and dead last in red zone touchdown percentage. As one source told me earlier this season: “It’s Year 6. What is Fisher going to do now that’ll convince anyone at this point that he can lead them to a national title? What’s another 8-4 gonna prove?”

Texas A&M, I’m told, will find the money to get rid of him if he can’t get this thing going — and yes, it absolutely does matter to important folks down there that Texas has a chance to be a College Football Playoff team this year … and Steve Sarkisian has been on the job for half as long as Jimbo.

Temperature check: Hot and getting hotter

Bruce was generally always on top of where the Sumlin tenure stood - so can probably trust to some extent he's got someone down there feeding him ****...

Jimbo's cooked.

And Bruce Feldman doubled down today...

Bruce was generally always on top of where the Sumlin tenure stood - so can probably trust to some extent he's got someone down there feeding him ****...

Jimbo's cooked.

Would be awesome to see him in that headset in 2024 to:lol:

Would be awesome to see him in that headset in 2024 to:lol:
Neither outcome would surprise me at this point.

Wouldn't put it past A&M's money folks to say "aw shucks, what if Weigman hadn't gotten hurt!"

Like Weigman being a star suddenly fixes the fact they can't block anyone, their special teams is miserably bad and their secondary is filled with nickel corners that can't run.

Neither outcome would surprise me at this point.

Wouldn't put it past A&M's money folks to say "aw shucks, what if Weigman hadn't gotten hurt!"

Like Weigman being a star suddenly fixes the fact they can't block anyone, their special teams is miserably bad and their secondary is filled with nickel corners that can't run.
Think you guys would target Riley? Or it's Elko or bust?

Think you guys would target Riley? Or it's Elko or bust?
Riley who?

Could see Elko. Could see someone like Jeff Traylor. Could see them swinging heavy again to try and steal someone that really matters. Just don't think money is any real obstacle at any level.

Listened to a few non-Aggie pods that swear the job would generate more interest than people would think for all the reasons people already know.

I think the outside the box non-Aggie thing I'd want to see is some young hot shot coordinator... Glenn Schumann, maybe.

Fran, Sherman, Sumlin, Jimbo... No more old out of touch *******s.

Aye Iowa is 6-1 and should be favored the rest of their regular season. 11-1 heading into the Big Ten chip game. :lol:

Aye Iowa is 6-1 and should be favored the rest of their regular season. 11-1 heading into the Big Ten chip game. :lol:

It’s wild man. Like I said I want to see what happens to Brian Ferentz when they don’t hit the scoring mark but make the big ten title game

Back
Top Bottom