OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why didn’t the big 10 take cal and Stanford? They seem like the complete package when it comes to athletic departments (well, cal has a deficit now though) and academics. Plus, they already have a bunch of western universities.

Why didn’t the big 10 take cal and Stanford? They seem like the complete package when it comes to athletic departments (well, cal has a deficit now though) and academics. Plus, they already have a bunch of western universities.

I don’t think Cal cares for their athletics at all. Their programs and everything associated with them are garbage. Stanford has good Olympic sports that don’t generate revenue nor that a lot of B1G schools have. I don’t think the B1G thought they were worth it to split revenue with

What kinda booster/alumni SMU got that they will pay 7-8 years of that kinda money? I mean I seen that pony express but hell all of them billionaires and millionaires?
They're only technically leaving $8m on the table because that's all they'd get staying in the AAC.

It's still a chunk of cash, obviously, but it's not like they were cashing out as it was.

Last edited:
Don't think Big 10 cared because they already have SC, UCLA, Oregon and Washington to fill the late night time slots and they have enough schools to split the pot.
I don’t think Cal cares for their athletics at all. Their programs and everything associated with them are garbage. Stanford has good Olympic sports that don’t generate revenue nor that a lot of B1G schools have. I don’t think the B1G thought they were worth it to split revenue with
Cal sends Olympians too but basketball and football wise they are a zero.

Bama went to the playoffs with Blake Sims some years back. So it wouldn't be too out of the ordinary to me if they still are very successful this year

Word. I'm not understanding the doom & gloom for Bama.
Besides being Bama, Milroe is one of the most explosive athletes in the country.
That OL with Milroe & those running backs about to be nasty.
They will be fine now that BOB is gone. He was always the problem.

Watching MSU vs CMU and this is some of the worst combined QB play I have seen in quite some time. Awful.

Halftime update: Miami's offense is still broken.

In all seriousness, they're running the ball well but can't finish drives

Yea, finish a few of these drives and this is a 4-5 score game already. Defense looks nasty though. Guidry is a big upgrade from Steele right away.

Back
Top Bottom