OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Situations like Malachi Nelson are why I don't fall over recruiting nearly as closely as I did in the past. When I was younger, and frankly had more time and it was willing to commit more effort to it, I used to track how UGA commits progressed and how they performed in-state playoff games.

With the transfer portal, it's just not worth it. You going to invest time into tracking these players only for half of them to be gone after the freshman year. The only time I talk about individual recruits is when other people in this thread bring them up. I don't even really know who most of these guys are anymore lol

Thought I read Malachi wasn't even guaranteed to start the bowl game so recruiting a veteran QB from the portal was just the straw that broke the camel's back for him.

I told dacomeup dacomeup there were rumblings of this earlier and that I was hearing Miami. He said no chance Miami goes after him. Malachi will have options though.
No, I said no chance Miami goes after him as the starter :lol:. You were suggesting that Miami may get him if they don’t land Howard/Ward. No idea what they’d do for a backup.

Situations like Malachi Nelson are why I don't fall over recruiting nearly as closely as I did in the past. When I was younger, and frankly had more time and it was willing to commit more effort to it, I used to track how UGA commits progressed and how they performed in-state playoff games.

With the transfer portal, it's just not worth it. You going to invest time into tracking these players only for half of them to be gone after the freshman year. The only time I talk about individual recruits is when other people in this thread bring them up. I don't even really know who most of these guys are anymore lol
Well it's Georgia

Donte maybe

These posts back to back :lol:.

:lol: don't forget this from a month ago:

1702922911339.png

I have mixed feelings. Domani has been flirting with leaving since he committed then decommitted in HS. He was awful here, but he was also badly coached.

I'm pro player though so I think he should make the move he feels is best for his career. I felt the same about Eli Ricks.

As I get older the recruiting stuff makes me happy. I love that these young people have the power to make grownups with responsibilities lose their minds if they don’t commit to their schools. I hope these young people do what’s best for them. I laughed when dudes be in the comment section saying kids should “honor their commitments “ when they quit their jobs at the first sign of trouble.

I’ll never forget being on the Miami rivals forum back in the day when someone said “Matt Patchan says it’s all about the U" only to watch him commit to Florida. 😂 😂. I also remember when Patrick Johnson aka Patrick Peterson was all about the U but committed to LSU. Had grown men stalking him and stopped going by Patrick Johnson.

I'm a UGA fam but happy for dude. He gotta do what he think is best for him. I see some UGA fans talking about I hope he does bad or we didnt want him which is weird.

And regarding the transfer portal why not. Coaches leave all the time but upset that kids can do what they been doing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom