OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Surprised Malik is committing to Duke. I thought he would have went with a bigger school.

Even Malachi Nelson doesn't have a very impressive list of suitors. With programs like Ohio State and FSU still needing QBs, I'm surprised that neither of them got either of these guys

Surprised Malik is committing to Duke. I thought he would have went with a bigger school.

Even Malachi Nelson doesn't have a very impressive list of suitors. With programs like Ohio State and FSU still needing QBs, I'm surprised that neither of them got either of these guys

I think FSU only brought in Cam Ward and DJU.; looking for a 1 year filler/stop gap while the 2 other 2 QBs gain experience. Seems like they’re high on Glenn and Kromenhoek.

Anyway … Since i Maalik is up there, that triggered a thought that meant to ask before. Aiden Chiles, why was he so highly ranked in the Portal? I kinda glanced at this stats and didn’t see anything that jumped out at me. And to be fair, i saw exactly zero minutes of his play; stats looked like mop up minutes behind DJ. Just kinda piqued my interests because I didn’t hear much about him and I was just scrolling the Portal Rankings and he stood out.

Last edited:
It’s kind of wild that it seems nobody ever read the GOR for the ACC and it’s more locked down than the gold at Fort Knox.
1000000227.jpg

OSU probably isn’t going to grab a transfer QB, but if they did it would more than likely need to be a one year type deal because getting a freshman like this would more than likely cause a combo of Lincoln, Devin, and Air Noland to look elsewhere

Maalik isn’t going anywhere to sit. He was very clear to all potential suitors about that point. He’s not doing another QB competition so if you bring him in you’d better be ready to hand him the reigns.

Malachi is quietly still hurt and it’s the dead period. Once teams get a better sense of his health status and get past their Bowl games his list will probably grow. None of those teams except SCar are the ones who tampered with him to begin with.

That said, he’s also not looking to go somewhere and be the #3, so you’d better be ready to promise him a shot at starting now or guarantee he’ll be the guy in 2025.

I think FSU only brought in Cam Ward and DJU.; looking for a 1 year filler/stop gap while the 2 other 2 QBs gain experience. Seems like they’re high on Glenn and Kromenhoek.

Anyway … Since i Maalik is up there, that triggered a thought that meant to ask before. Aiden Chiles, why was he so highly ranked in the Portal? I kinda glanced at this stats and didn’t see anything that jumped out at me. And to be fair, i saw exactly zero minutes of his play; stats looked like mop up minutes behind DJ. Just kinda piqued my interests because I didn’t hear much about him and I was just scrolling the Portal Rankings and he stood out.
Chiles is a big athletic dual threat and showed out in practice. It’s not so much his stats as it is the potential.

As crazy as it sounds, I don't think we're too far away from this at all. I can see a kid suing and challenging the NCAA 4 your eligibility rule in court as Bud mentions here. A decade ago I would say it would be impossible to win, but who knows in today's climate.

I could totally imagine players staying in school for 6-7 years, doing the absolute minimum to stay eligible, stacking degrees and playing well into their mid-20s. Some of these are always could actually make more money being a 27-year-old P5 starter than they would in Canada, USFL, XFL, etc.

There’s already a blueprint to play 6-7 years at the bare minimum. It’s called the Stetson Bennett rule. Fam was 30 and left with no degree 🤣

Last edited:
As crazy as it sounds, I don't think we're too far away from this at all. I can see a kid suing and challenging the NCAA 4 your eligibility rule in court as Bud mentions here. A decade ago I would say it would be impossible to win, but who knows in today's climate.

I could totally imagine players staying in school for 6-7 years, doing the absolute minimum to stay eligible, stacking degrees and playing well into their mid-20s. Some of these are always could actually make more money being a 27-year-old P5 starter than they would in Canada, USFL, XFL, etc.

What would the grounds for his suit be? And in theory, couldn’t the ncaa argue the eligibility requirements exist to guarantee there are enough scholarships available for all the other potential athletes that would want to play college football? (Rhetorical question because I know that leads us to our next lawsuit: scholarship limits)

Also hilarious and fitting that the first college game to feature in helmet communication will be a Utah game.

I am glad that kids mom realizes that some schools don’t have NIL money and can only offer great coaching and atmosphere, my buckeyes open them with open arms any time

Back
Top Bottom