OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would imagine that you would have to have offered ridiculous money for someone to turn down a pro S&C opportunity.

If the end goal is to work with the best and most premier athletes, for a guy like that, I doubt that money was the ultimate deciding factor

Enrollment deadlines are definitely enforced.
Ehhh but strictly or universally. Look at the '22 cycle, for example. Caleb transferred to USC a month after the deadline.

Using USC as an example again, years ago we had Bru transfer to Texas right after their add period closed and they held it open for him. The NCAA and schools haven't strictly enforced that rule for a while with the ability to request special exceptions. These kids are pro athletes and money makers. They're not treated as typical students.

Last edited:
He knows USC is going after Michigan players :lol:

what-an-outrageous-accusation-saturday-night-live.gif

Ehhh but strictly or universally. Look at the '22 cycle, for example. Caleb transferred to USC a month after the deadline.

Using USC as an example again, years ago we had Bru transfer to Texas right after their add period closed and they held it open for him. The NCAA and schools haven't strictly enforced that rule for a while with the ability to request special exceptions. These kids are pro athletes and money makers. They're not treated as typical students.

Maybe USC does. It’s definitely not the case at Miami.

Maybe USC does. It’s definitely not the case at Miami.
I mean, yes, but Wisconsin, UCLA, LSU and a bunch of other schools were still chasing Caleb also. I think it's naive to think a school won't fit in a kid they need. You think anyone is turning away any of the Michigan, Bama, or Zona kids if they wanted to transfer for spring camp because the academic calendar says they're a couple weeks late?

I mean, yes, but Wisconsin, UCLA, LSU and a bunch of other schools were still chasing Caleb also. I think it's naive to think a school won't fit in a kid they need. You think anyone is turning away any of the Michigan, Bama, or Zona kids if they wanted to transfer for spring camp because the academic calendar says they're a couple weeks late?
Yes :lol:. I think there’s a reason why those kids will all wait until after spring

I would imagine that you would have to have offered ridiculous money for someone to turn down a pro S&C opportunity.

If the end goal is to work with the best and most premier athletes, for a guy like that, I doubt that money was the ultimate deciding factor

Not only that but pro-strength and conditioning coaches work less than college guys. In college The players see the strength and conditioning coach more than they see The head coach, position coach or coordinators during the off season.

In pro football once the season is over a lot of the strength conditioning coaches are largely off (and a lot of pro athletes have the resources to do their own individual training in the off season).

Seems like a no-brainer for strength and conditioning coach to go to the pros if the offer is there.

I don’t think it’s entirely crazy to think the S&C coach would’ve stayed. He was the highest or second highest paid S&C coach in the nation and from everything I have heard he genuinely loved working with the college aged kids. Some coaches prefer that culture building position over going to the pros and having to change their whole philosophy and work with diva millionaires

Some GM is going to get fired for picking JJ McCarthy or Bo Nix early in the first round

The tools are at least there for JJ. You can argue about whether the slim chance of him actually reaching his ceiling is worth a first round pick, but the ceiling is at least clearly visible.

With Nix I think the most probable outcome is a Colt McCoy type career as a reliable backup/spot starter. I’ve seen some Carr comps because of the similar college offenses, but I think Carr had more zip on the ball coming out, Frenso just made him and Davante dink and dunk for whatever reason.

That’s a former nfl scout. Like the other pages you often post.
A “former NFL scout” with 3k followers is not CLOSE to Diante Lee :lol:. I barely made it through a few paragraphs because he’s not talking about football. Diante Lee does film review, not narratives on nail painting and leadership.

Back
Top Bottom