OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2m31zf6.png

The NCAA rejected Reggie Bush's request to reconsider penalties levied against the USC football program -- as part of Bush's effort to regain his Heisman Trophy -- because he was "not an involved individual" in the landmark case, CBS Sports has learned.

In a 2022 letter from the NCAA to Bush's legal team, obtained by CBS Sports, the NCAA Committee on Infractions explained to Bush, "... you were never officially charged by the NCAA enforcement staff" in the 2010 case.

The letter clarifies to Bush that the sanctions were "an institutional penalty. Therefore, you do not have standing to seek reconsideration. Your request is therefore denied." The letter goes on to explain that the committee's decision is final. A similar request was denied in 2023.

LMAOOOOOOO

At least now y'all can stop repeating that nonsense about them having evidence on Reggie taking money.

This is such an easy PR win for the NCAA but they're so stupid.

These schools will never learn regarding these ridiculous buyouts. I would imagine a lot of guys were able to leverage the Alabama job opening to get big pay raises and increase their buyouts.

Apparently they didn't like EA's offer and declined to be in the game. Personally I think this is a short-sighted move.

1. When I used to play the game as a kid I learned more about what each award was because of the game. They're giving up a free publicity opportunity to raise the profile for their awards.

2. This gives EA the opportunity to make up their own end of season awards for best receiver, best running back, etc. it'll probably have some goofy, sponsored name. The "Barry Sanders award sponsored by Coca-Cola" or something like that

Apparently they didn't like EA's offer and declined to be in the game. Personally I think this is a short-sighted move.

1. When I used to play the game as a kid I learned more about what each award was because of the game. They're giving up a free publicity opportunity to raise the profile for their awards.

2. This gives EA the opportunity to make up their own end of season awards for best receiver, best running back, etc. it'll probably have some goofy, sponsored name. The "Barry Sanders award sponsored by Coca-Cola" or something like that

Honestly… aside from tradition who gives a **** about the awards. EA should make up their own. I quite literally would buy the game even if it didn’t have real schools. You think I give a **** about a Rimington?

One way or the other the 2024 buckeyes season is gonna be hilarious.

I’ve never seen a program stack so much unnecessary pressure on themselves.

What do you mean unnecessary? All they are doing is going out and getting the best players available, isn't that what every team should be trying to do?

What do you mean unnecessary? All they are doing is going out and getting the best players available, isn't that what every team should be trying to do?

No they should remain dormant and not try to improve. Like keeping a DC around that single handedly ruined two seasons in a row

Guys like Quinshon Judkins, and Caleb Downs didn’t really help them in areas they need to improve in to beat Michigan.

You could argue that solely beating Michigan shouldn’t be their main focus and winning a NC should be, but let’s be honest the current anxiety around program is all about Michigan.

Guys like Quinshon Judkins, and Caleb Downs didn’t really help them in areas they need to improve in to beat Michigan.

You could argue that solely beating Michigan shouldn’t be their main focus and winning a NC should be, but let’s be honest the current anxiety around program is all about Michigan.

They needed to improve the OL and QB spot, neither of which happened IMO

Back
Top Bottom