OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1709675038021.png

I guess. I'm just skeptical of drafting a quarterback who has been a game manager their entire career. There was only one game this season where he attempted more than 30 passes. Throughout the season he averaged less than 200 yards per game.
Also, in the back half of the Michigan season when their schedule got a little bit tougher they basically took the ball out of JJ's hands.

I specifically remember in the Penn State game there were some crucial third and long situations where they just ran the ball as opposed to having JJ throw it. It's the safe thing to do in a game where the opponent can't move the ball but it doesn't show a lot of confidence in the QB.

Like this crucial 3rd and long?

It's actually just a really good play call. They hit on the same play 6 minutes earlier (on a 1st down). PSU's outside guys run themselves out of position leaving an open lane.

Let's take a look at 3 of the first 4 Michigan pass plays in the game and identify where Sherrone might've lost confidence in the pass game

So you see that, recognize that Michigan's best path to victory is to control the football and not turn it over, and you don't understand why the backup head coach didn't let it rip? Come on. JJ was 7-8 in that game, he did fine. And they had some more pass plays in there but JJ had to bail on it + 1 PI.

We'll start here then I'll decide if I want to tackle the rest.

If dudes like Joe Milton could potentially end up on an NFL roster there’s no reason JJ shouldn’t :lol:
Don't think anyone's arguing about him having a place in the league, he definitely does :lol:

QB play might be at a decades-long low top to bottom around the league so he definitely has a shot and tools to carve out a nice niche/make an impact somewhere.

It's whether he's worthy of a 1st round grade/pick or not that seems to be the discussion since that wasn't really the conventional thinking all season long until just recently.

I wouldn't take him in the 1st round myself but if a playoff team thinks he's a good project late in the round, that could make sense and be a good position for him long term.

Michigan turtled up against PSU because Chop Robison was abusing Karsen Barnhart, it had nothing to do with JJ.

I just bought an authentic Nike Michigan Woodson from 97 and USC Reggie Bush jersey , coming next week. There were 20 something people looking at them , but they were all to stupid to ask the sellers if they would sell at a low price.

I just bought an authentic Nike Michigan Woodson from 97 and USC Reggie Bush jersey , coming next week. There were 20 something people looking at them , but they were all to stupid to ask the sellers if they would sell at a low price.

That’s amazing. Post pics when they arrive

Like this crucial 3rd and long?

It's actually just a really good play call. They hit on the same play 6 minutes earlier (on a 1st down). PSU's outside guys run themselves out of position leaving an open lane.

Let's take a look at 3 of the first 4 Michigan pass plays in the game and identify where Sherrone might've lost confidence in the pass game

So you see that, recognize that Michigan's best path to victory is to control the football and not turn it over, and you don't understand why the backup head coach didn't let it rip? Come on. JJ was 7-8 in that game, he did fine. And they had some more pass plays in there but JJ had to bail on it + 1 PI.

We'll start here then I'll decide if I want to tackle the rest.

I think we have a difference of opinion here more than anyone is objectively correct or incorrect. I totally agree that Michigan made the right calls and they did what was best for them to win games. If you can win the game never throwing a pass, a lot of coaches would do that.

I'm saying that I would be wearing of drafting a game manager quarterback, who wasn't asked to do very much, in the first round. I recognize that JJ is a talented player with skills that can translate but it's too big of a risk for me. I would totally be willing to use a second or third round pick on JJ and give him time to develop. Personally, I don't see him being a day one NFL starter (which is what is usually asked of a first round quarterback)

For example, I've seen market drafts that have my team (the Atlanta Falcons} drafting JJ McCarthy in the top 10 and it makes me want to jump off a bridge.

Back
Top Bottom