OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jordan Hare should be in the top 3…never seen a stadium that always have weird things happen in big games and becomes very hostile when momentum is on their side.

LSU at night>

Also OSU is only tough to play at because of the amount of fans. The game experience actually sucks and is stuck in the 90s. They shouldn’t be top 5

CJ surprised a lot of people committing to FSU over Georgia but when you hear him speak it sounds like he's very committed at all. Call me a Boomer but I hate this about recruiting in general. Why commit in June at all? It's clear that his recruitment is very open, why not push it back to later when he is more sure? It's not like FSU or any other school was going to pull his offer.

It comes down to roster construction/philosophy,Michigan barely made it last season, and IIRC Ian Boyd had a piece on how none of the 90’s Nebraska teams would have qualified for it either.

I trust the services more on the defensive side of the ball because you need athletes there, but OL is one of the most important position groups on the field and the services still do a pretty awful job evaluating those positions.

One of the prime Wisco Alvarez or Bielema teams could have seriously competed for a NC if they weren’t so awful at recruiting the QB position. The stuff that is going to affect you in a 12 team playoff (depth/trench play) wouldn’t have been the problem for them.

Back
Top Bottom