OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it’s BS honestly, a team like KSU is not dropping 600K on a backup.
They also pushed out Will Howard. I guess it makes sense if Howard was asking for 7 figures to stay and they told him to take a walk. Then after, tried to check if Brayden was going to jump into the portal before committing to Avery Johnson.

Juju is dropping because he is 6’0
but not Bryce Young good
Juju Lewis is so good

1720883838272.jpeg

They also pushed out Will Howard. I guess it makes sense if Howard was asking for 7 figures to stay and they told him to take a walk. Then after, tried to check if Brayden was going to jump into the portal before committing to Avery Johnson.

I’ll never understand OSU paying that dude 7 figures. I would’ve rather had Ward or Gabriel (though I think that was already a done deal with him to Oregon before he even hit the portal). I still stand by Howard is a slightly better McCord but can run a little bit. Gonna be the same result as last year

You see it all the time. Kids throw away their careers because they can't get their act together. I knew this was a weird one back during his recruitment when a lot of teams backed off from him.

Does anyone have any background on the kid? Did he have a tough upbringing? Does he have behavioral issues or is he just tardy / lazy?

Interesting. Seems like a ton of players on USC’s roster opted out of the videogame. I know Caleb spoke out last year over what he felt was EA’s undervaluation of the worth of individual players with the $600 number. I wonder if that played a part in so many choosing not to opt in. Or if they’ll say it’s just to avoid being distracted.

Based on early sales projections and the hype the game has … Caleb was probably right about $600 being too low. Going to be interesting what happens next year when EA has to renegotiate the payout to players.

Didn’t Arch eventually get $60k to be in the game? Or did they swerve that as a NIL type thing?

I don’t think the sales will be anywhere near the same next year, it’s hype driven thus far since we haven’t had the game in ten years

Back
Top Bottom